News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

October 31 Summer league final match Springvale

Started by Leo Martin, October 31, 2021, 09:22:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash AC summer league SpringVale First Spring 30.10.2021

Our final match of the summer league and with champion I waiting Steve Curtis already "sorted" the make-up places still had all to fish for.
SpringVale First Spring the venue and a favourite of many Bashers who have fished SpringVale before, myself included. Lovely well-kept grass surrounded establised lakes lovely friendly owner, keepnet and landing nets provided, well priced bait park behind your peg on every lake, clean roads around every lake and well stocked with carp and silvers, what isn't to like? The rules sometimes raise eyebrows but these are to protect the fisheries owners' investment and our sport. The regular bait, hook and rig checks ensure these are followed and maybe some other fisheries could do well to follow this example?

Anyhow Friday night draw saw me on peg 26 sandwiched between Glen and Jasper, good company and a chatty match to be had. Downside was the depth in this area for the time of year and influx of cold water.

Feeder rod, Bomb rod, pole lines had to be 2+ 3 to achieve 2 ½ feet depth out in front at 10 oclock and 12:oclock. Glen was in corner I didn't want to swing round too far to my right. The wind meant I didn't want to go too long The awkward wind meant I didnt want to go too long and fight with the wind all day. Margin was 6 inch so I went to 2+ 1 to the edge of the reeds between Jasper and myself where I found about 14 inches. It was going to be hard in the cold but that's the luck of the draw and fishing.

Dry when I left home and the rain started to fall about 5 miles from the fishery, this slowly gained in intensity to a full scale downpour for about 2 hours to drench everything and everyone. When it left the day was actually a nice autumnal day with sunshine and clouds, even the wind dropped to give a flat calm surface.

The match played out with silvers being the only fish I caught and not a very good stamp either. Couldn't string bites together, very finicky bites but heyho it was nice to be out with the Bashers again. Only one bite on my feeder line on a wafter, and I thought brilliant on the pull round but turned out to be another snotty skimmer. seeing how Japser was doing i spent over 2 hours on my feeder for i proper bite.

Glen to my left fished and only managed 2 carp on his pole lines. He peppered the reed line to his right and no takes of indications at all. Chalky opposite on peg 1 also struggled for carp despite them being very evident topping near the aerator all day long.

Jasper, well where do I start. Feeder king never stopped with takes out in front at distance, short, to his left, to the reeds alongside and it was carp and silvers depending upon his bait. Well done on the match win.

Well done Jasper on the match win, well done to Max on second place and I believe his first visit to the venue, and Mick Roche on his netful of silvers. Well done section winners and second in sections.

Great turn out once again so thank you to the members and guests who continue to make up our numbers week in week out. Hopefully we will see our club numbers grow a little for the 2022 summer season.

Thank you to Jasper once again for running the show week in week out, sorry I cant be more helpful currently mate. Thank you to Steve Curtis who makes weighing in a very slick operation again week in week out. And to Glen who blows his whistle for us.

So 2021 summer season has now officially ended. Personally It's been a strange couple of years for yours truly but I am glad to have you guys to fish with and take my mind off things. Thank you for making memories, the laughs, the competition and friendship.  If I don't see you on the winter league matches, look after yourselves, stay safe and we go again April 9th 2022 on Bonsai which is having a winter make over.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Jlanelly

Nice write up as always Leo an enjoyable year again fishing with you guys. Cheers Jasper hopefully you can repeat in 2022 if work prospects pan out
Winter league hear we come.
See you all Saturday

jasper31

Wasn't me!

fishfinder

Peg 10 for me was not bothered where I drew, went with the plan to fish for carp all day in hind sight probably the wrong option as they were few and far between in that area,fished method well over and short and bomb in the middle, set a pole and paste rig up and edge rig.with max on peg 14 the peg I won from in my club match 2 weeks ago I knew it would be hard to beat him especially when the angler next to him did not fish so loads of room. Had next to nothing all day on feeder just odd one,not a bite on bomb and pellet and one in edge ,6 carp 3 bream all I could muster,going though a patch at the minute were I seem to be loosing too many fish 4 pulled out on feeder and one munter broke my main line at the quick stop so wasn't very happy with the way I fished,max fished well again and smashed the section to remain in 2nd in the league, well done to him and all who stuck it out on a not so nice day.