News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

31st July - Hallcroft

Started by jasper31, August 02, 2021, 09:56:44

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Well at least it didn't rain and we didn't get wet - well apart from Glen  >:D >:D >:D ;D ;D ;D
Wasn't me!

fishfinder

An eventful day for me,got there nice and early, rigged up,feeder,4m pole in front and edge,bait out on tray odd wasp round it,ready by 9.10 sorted,looked round to see 50 wasps buzzing around, quick exit ,found a busy nest about a foot from my peg.Went to see jasper and a move to peg 38 where wilf had drawn but not coming ,so a quick move,re-plumbed ,another rod out for long chuck to far bank,fortunately depth was only a couple of inches differant on pole rigs,just about sorted for all in.Feeder across 65m,10 minutes later a 8lb carp in the net ,had a few more in first hour which was ok but from either side pegs both only had a chuck  to same area,luckily for me andy on peg 40 came a bit under gunned on the rod front and was struggling to reach where I was fishing,plenty of mis casts ,swearing and a trip to the tackle shop did not improve it much so had swim mostly to myself,kept trying pole in front and a long wait between bites but decent skimmers when they did come,kept returning to feeder and kept a few coming most of the match,had a bad spell near the end when I lost 3  and snapped on one,an hour to go a few showed up for most down the edge,tried it but only 1 carp.Foxy on end peg was bagging in last hour ,had 7 proper ones,he was catching me up fast.I think another 30 minutes he would have beat me as my margin did not produce.Then Glen did a tom Daley at the weigh in,fortunately he was ok just a bit damp.