News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Future Match Bookings 2021 / 2022 / 2023

Started by jasper31, June 15, 2021, 11:40:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

As you can see from the documents attached i'm a little in front but we need to be to get some of the places you like to fish. Can we start having suggestions for 2023?
Wasn't me!

steve

Hayfield- afternoon match.
Messingham Island, Swan.
Bank End.
Lodge Farm.

Do we get a discount from Lindholme?

jasper31

Steve - yes we get a little discount but not sure how long for, but saying that the discount only brings the pegging fee down to what others are charging anyway.

Lindholme has always been our home venue but we have no obligation......

I have done weight comparisons from years gone by and the top weights always came from Lindholme but was that due to us fishing regularly there we got better equipped to deal with the different fishing on offer (unlike the James Maude lads  >:D >:D) I'm not sure.

What has been apparent this last year is that as anglers we are looking for comfort as well as good fishing, so now i'm looking at venues with good access and parking adjacent to pegs so some of the elderly / crippled / infirm / incontinent / insane / impotent / impossible  ;D ;D :o :o :o don't have far to to push a trolley.

its hard finding a suitable venue that offers - good breakfast, easy parking by the peg, good fishing, reasonable price for pellets / the list is endless....

Being a club that has a wide participation we need somewhere that is quiet central to all due to expense of travel on top of the baits and match ticket....

This is why i asked for help in looking for new waters, if the majority want to diversify waters and try more new venues away from regular haunts send me suggestions
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Good post and other considerations to think  about, numbers of pegs to book for our matches 2 years in advance.

Our club looks to be growing again past the heady heights of 22 current members so we need to be mindful when booking matches.

Some fisheries are flexible, others are not and hold us to account for unused pegs. if we commit to 22 pegs at Sands, we will have to pay for 22 pegs come what may. if we ask for 25 pegs, we pay for 25 regardless.
We are again at that stage of a 20+ club and one noticeable COVID change is where fisheries have 26 pegs say on a lake and we book 22, they are then offering the 4 unused pegs out to pleasure anglers. At the end of the day the owners have a business to run and 4 x £8.00 or what ever can go in their pockets if able to sell the pegs other than give them away as unused and give a club a bit more space. Similarly a 40 or 50 peg lake could end up with 2 or 3 clubs fishing on it. Its simply a business not a hobby for the owners and about obtaining as much yield as they can for their livelihood.

I think with this in mind we need to consider distance between our pegs as well with the above point in mind.

some ideas from myself are:-

Lodge Farm, Springvale, Messingham Big Swan, Island, Both Hollywoods, or Trip spring to mind.

I've not been to Hayfield or Bank end so cannot comment.

Wetlands ( where Glens Peacock resides) also springs to mind.

Little John Lakes at Ollerton isnt too far away. just not sure if its park behind peg or a barrow job on some lakes?

Is there a lake at Thurcroft thats supposed to be okay?

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Feedback captured off Facebook posts x 2 for reference and sharing

Michael Roche
Jasper Winfield lakes near Howden High lake
· Reply · 10 h
Max Bates
Messingham Hollywood Bowl & Strip
Messingham Grange Merrys but after June and before October . And also at Messy Grange the new pond which should be done for 2023 .Winfield lakes is nice but it's a barrow job to most pegs !
Trip pond would deffo fish... See more
· Reply · 9 h · Edited
Max Bates
30th July 2022 Merrys if possible but Hollywood strip or Bowl and what about everybody's favourite Trip pond
· Reply · 9 h
Lewis Fox
Hallcroft, hayfield, barnburgh, torne bank again? Few different ones 👍
· Reply · 9 h
Max Bates
Hallcroft & Thorne Bank good call you can stick Hayfield right up that silly bitches arse 😏
· Reply · 5 h
Lewis Fox
Loxley fishery.. although it can be a barrow job which may not suit some. + My local so only 30 secs away 😂😂
Max Bates
Lewis Fox lovely fishery but probably 90minutes traveling time for a lot of the lads
· Reply · 1 h
Lewis Fox
Max Bates yeah thats the problem i guess, tricky to get a nice drive for everyone. If its an hour away its not too bad 90 mins may be pushing it. Lovely fishery though 👍
· Reply · 1 h

XXXXXXXX

Glen Hanysz
Any chance of Tripp or big Swan at Messingham. First spring at Spring Vale. What about Hallcroft
· Reply · 9 h
John Lanelly
What about millionaire micks
· Reply · 3 h
Andrew Wilson
Author
Admin
John Lanelly where on earth is that
· Reply · 3 h
John Lanelly
Any thoughts on Hayfields
· Reply · 3 h
John Lanelly
I think it's real name is Woodhouse grange
· Reply · 2 h
John Lanelly
http://ww1.woodhousegrangefisheries.co.uk/ Jasper try the link
WW1.WOODHOUSEGRANGEFISHERIES.CO.UK
ww1.woodhousegrangefisheries.co.uk
ww1.woodhousegrangefisheries.co.uk
· Reply · 2 h
Andrew Wilson
Author
Admin
John Lanelly if u had said Woodhouse grange I would know - never heard it called that before 😀😀
Andrew Wilson
Author
Admin
John Lanelly if u had said Woodhouse grange I would know - never heard it called that before 😀😀
· Reply · 2 h
John Lanelly
Andrew Wilson
Lodge farm fishery is worth a look cafe onsite we have fished it before
· Reply · 1 h
Max Bates
Bank end nicer setting and fishery
· Reply · 2 h
Stephen Curtis
Anywhere other than lindholme, thought we were having less there instead of more.
· Reply · 2 h
Andrew Wilson
Author
Admin
Stephen Curtis your probably right - mine field buddy
· Reply · 1 h
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

dave.fox

Messingham Tripp seems tp me to have everything, good breakfast , park behind peg and great fishing ! Lodge farm also all 3 ! Hallcroft all 3 as well !