News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Angling Trust - STAY HOME

Started by steve, March 27, 2020, 18:51:50

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

The Angling Trust, alongside a number of other Sport England governing bodies, has been in contact with the Sports Minister at the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport.

The Minister thanked the sports sector for its united and professional response to minimising risk, saving lives and supporting our NHS. He stated that the guidance should be taken in the spirit it was delivered. Namely, to stay at home, stay safe and to avoid all but essential travel. He reaffirmed that now was not the time to be seeking loopholes and that the prescribed activities were clear - as a result those sports which were still advising activity have updated their policies not to participate and follow the government's guidelines.

We have had thousands of visits to our dedicated COVID 19 information hub and the phone lines have not stopped ringing since we launched. The Angling Trust is here to support the entire community and will next week be delivering dedicated content alongside partners to help all anglers maintain the fishing habit and as much as possible bring the ethos of the sport we love into your homes.

In recognition of the need to support both physical health and mental wellbeing, Sport England have launched their Join the Movement campaign and to support this the Angling Trust will be introducing further resources across the coming weeks. If anyone has content they would like to share please email notifications@anglingtrust.net

I want to personally thank anglers, angling clubs and fisheries for taking strong and decisive action in the face of an unprecedented public health challenge. We have come together as a community and your support has been nothing short of fantastic.

I understand the frustration - as I look out of the window I like to think I know where the fish would be on my favourite waters and what tactics I would use to trick them. Fortunately we anglers practice patience like very few others and this situation is simply more important. And it is that patience we have to show now by remaining strong and doing the right thing. I thank you for doing your bit in staying inside, saving lives and supporting our NHS.

Jamie Cook
Chief Executive

Leo Martin

Good post Steve and wise words in this current climate.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire