News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

BAIT?

Started by steve, February 23, 2020, 21:18:57

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

What's the most unusual bait you have ever caught on?

Do you have any tricks that you do with your bait that you are happy to share with the forum?

I remember fishing at Drayton one red hot summers day, none of us were catching. I'd tried everything, and eaten all my grub, then found a couple of liquorice allsorts stuck in the corner of my pocket, one of them my least favourite, the flat round aniseed one that's covered in pink bits. Nothing to lose I stuck it on the hook, chucked it out, tip banged around, big lump in the net! The other allsort was a coconut one, my favourite so I scoffed it  :laugh: 

andy w8

A dog chew and they are my favourite liquorice. For me it's just about something different to other anglers ie the  juice and Faith in what you got.its all to easy to get lost in the world of flavoures and baits.
Remember my early days where I would swap and change baits, rigs some times it's about making have it lol

sam.crawley

Unflavoured foam.
Glow in the dark floating beetle imitations
Rubber snail
Marshmallows
Jelly babies
Cheese string
A plastic bead.
To name a few

Leo Martin

Sam we look forward to you fishing with us, your bait tray will be worth a good dose of looking at, just watch for the some of our members eating the contents
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

sam.crawley

Quote from: Leo Martin on March 04, 2020, 21:17:32
Sam we look forward to you fishing with us, your bait tray will be worth a good dose of looking at, just watch for the some of our members eating the contents

When pleasure/match fishing I tend to keep it quite simple. I have 2 hook baits and one feeder bait where ever I go irregardless of venue.
Pole fishing is all dependant on time of year etc but usually only feed one bait and fish different options over the top

Speciemin fishing now that's different... I did go through a phase of deadbaiting for carp... Yes that's not a typo and yes it does work. I like to experiment one day may get lucky with a wonder bait

big glen

Dead reds with Turmuic on them.
There isn't a fish swimming that won't eat them.
Try a size 14 with 4 on it and kinder pot 20 in down the edge ever put in.

kiwi

Sam you forgot to put down the stuff you used to sneak out your mum kitchen cupboards >:D >:D

tackletart

Tic Tacs.
Used them before dumbbells came on the scene.
Wasp grub.
Years ago the pond at hibaldstow had a big head of chub.Had a nest in the garden so killed it.Used the grubs and emptied the place.
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Skyblue1987

If you had a wasps nest no wonder you emptied the place ;D ;D ;D oohhh you mean of fish and  ;) ;)
I've caught on peanut butter using it as a paste down the margins at makins fishery...
I had a season ticket once you know