News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Martin Ferriby Cup

Started by jasper31, June 06, 2022, 11:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Gents - This year was another great week end and the support was terrific from the club members.  As you know the Saturday match is the Martin Ferriby memorial and unfortunately it didn't fish well and looking at results from last couple of years it hasn't been the same since the fish kill and the restocking of the silver fish.

After the match on Saturday it was talked (by several members) that the match should be moved to another lake, still at Lindholme but another lake. In 2023 we have the following booked:

Sat 10th June - Beeches
Sun 11th June - Loco

Can you pick preferred lake for the Saturday match (including Beeches)
Wasn't me!

Mickr1963

Jasper,
Won't most of these lakes already be booked up by other clubs?
All Leeds Aren't We

Leo Martin

Hi Mick,
We may have to bite the bullet in 2023 but going forward we will try get in early. Depending how the voting goes we may still be in with a chance to relocate.
Main thing is members views are listened too and considered hence the vote. A lot of people spoken to did not feel Beeches was fishing as it used to when Ferret loved the lake.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steelcowboy

Beeches as lost its appeal for me however I have voted to stay on Beeches as I do believe it will only get better over the couple of years and we have more chance of securing the full lake which will not happen on Willows .
Yes behind the island is not great just ask Glen , Robson and Foxy never going to win from there but a fair section and to be honest I reckon Glen had enough on the hook to have won but the peg was just a little to snaggy

Think they may have started to spawn which didn't help the lads on the carp pegs .