News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Round 2 Grange Park Kingfisher

Started by Leo Martin, November 20, 2021, 21:26:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash 2021 Winter league round 2 Grange park  Kingfisher 20.11.20221

Grange Park is undergoing a massive change to its lakes geography. Heron is drained, fish in Kingfisher. Excavations taking place in Heron and also 2 x stock ponds as Alan decides how his lakes will be designed for the 2022 season. The draining of Heron seems to have lowered kingfisher water level slightly however I am sure over the next few weeks or so everything will be sorted water wise and bank works will begin on positioning the new pegs etc.

Match 2 of the winter league and guesting again saw me receive peg 11 on Kingfisher, a good draw for a change.

Set up 2+2 line along sedges to my left which was about 14  inch deep. Top 2 + 4 to a tree alongside of lake, about 20 inch deep. Top 2 + 2 in front 2-6inch and a feeder for alongside of lake sedges. With the colder change in water temperature I was dubious the fish would come into the shallow water.

Gave Cooper (winter league regular) to my right and his good friend Gen to his right. In form Jasper opposite with John Utting.
We may have a warm November but the road side bank today was like Bridlington harbour wall with the cold wind directly cross into our face. Jasper and John Utting with wind over their backs lost no time in winding us up about the warmth on their side of the bank.

The day was strange with odd fish caught then they would move off. Numerous lines had to be started and swapped and changed hunting for them.
2pm the wind dropped and fish woke up with most people catching in this late hour.

I struggled up to 2pm searching for fish however feeder chucked along the sedges in the last hour was my most productive. The banker lines never delivered.
Jasper caught throughout the match on all methods. John Utting also caught but had lean spells. Its surprising his weight was not as much as we thought. Gavin also caught on all methods throughout the match and also suffered lean spells where he had to search numerous swims for fish. Glen had a good last hour with some large fish caught bringing his catch weight much higher.

Well done to Jasper on the match win and all other winners.

The overall weights are very respectable when you consider we were peg to peg along the roadside and it is November

Thank you Jasper for the match organisation and Steve Curtis weighing in again.

Next winter league match is at SpringVake on December 4th on Oak Lake. Still some confirmations and pay ons required, guests waiting for places.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Peg 18 for me in a very even section with only 19 producing slightly better wieghs in recent matches so happy with the draw,didn't think it was a match winner with 9,10 and 11 being favourites, started across on feeder and caught well from the off for an hour and half,then slowed had odd one in middle and then odd one across after resting it,did not rig long pole up as was not feeling well and didn't fancy holding pole out which nearly proved a bad decision because going into last hour thought I had a decent lead on those around me,but last hour could not get a bite and everyone else started to catch on long pole especially Andy on next peg so was glad when whistle went and at weigh in had just managed to stay ahead.

jasper31

My day

It started off levelling off the sand so i could get box level as no platform!!! kept creeping forward and i daren't lunge when netting or i would have done a Keith Smith...... >:D

Simple match really, I set up 3 lines:
Small method to fish near the reeds (my side of the lake  :P :P :P :P)
top 2 x 2
Margin to my left (found a nice level ledge about 3f from  the bank and 2.5ft deep)

Started on top 2 x 2 on maggot and caught steady with small carp and odd gold fish - John Utting in next peg got off to a flyer with better carp and he was fishing longer so thought i had made a mistake, but at least i was catching. Bites were very delicate and dotted float to a pimple (help having wind off the back  8) and flat water)
fished this line for first part of match and it started to get iffy after a while so threw the method to the reeds (even though i got a few comments from the other side) this produced a few better carp but bites were a long time in coming and knew after a bit that they weren't in the shallower water. Fished a meter off it and that produced fish quicker.
I started to feed the margin and as always i do like to give em a reason to come in, after initial feed they took their time coming in but once they did i couldn't get bait in quick enough, feeding a large pole pot of feed every put in produced a quick and easy bites, fishing corn on the hook i had a great last hour n half.

Results sheet attached below
Wasn't me!