News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2021 AGM

Started by jasper31, October 01, 2021, 11:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Gents,

It's That time of the year again where we are looking to hold the AGM very shortly and are looking to you the members to have an input into your club. If you have any ideas, rules or general topics that you would like to bring up so we can all discuss / vote on then please comment below. This is your club and its always run on a democracy so this is your time to shine or even argue if you feel we are doing anything wrong. Nothing is off the board as long as it not abusive, degrading or offensive, all complaints will be investigated and acted up on. If you feel you need to keep it off a public forum then please PM me or any committee member who will treat it confidential. Any member that wishes to apply to be a committee member can also PM me.

Also need to decide if doing it remotely or face to face (would need suitable venue and date)

List of ideas to discuss:

1 - Committee members  - roles / responsibilities /
2 - Complaints
3 - Rules / changes / new / old
4 - Increased Pegging Fee
5 - Live draw / draw on day
6 - Venues
7 - Forum / Facebook / Social media
8 - Only booking lake where we can park behind all pegs
9 - Membership numbers,
10 - Afternoon matches
11 - match times (Start later - Dave Fox)
12 - Pre payment of matches in advance  ( 6 matches a time - Max )
13 - Club Finances / Balance sheet
14 - Challenge match? different opponents
Wasn't me!

jasper31

any thoughts from anyone?? especially how to do this?
Wasn't me!

dave.fox

Would like to suggest fishing our matches either 11-5 or 10.30- 4.30pm

Leo Martin

The best attendances have been after a match in a fishery pub / cafe or even the hut at Springvale.

I would propose COVID friendly Teams again for the meeting just hope we can get numbers who can connect and take part in the meeting. This would suit yours truly currently but i respect everyone's opinion and would agree with majority decision if it was elsewhere

Other option would be midweek in a pub but these previously have been poorly attennded
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steve

The clubs finances / balance sheet should be discussed at the AGM.

Leo Martin

Guys,

Any more views on where / how the AGM can be held? Please either comment below or PM Jasper, myself or another committee member if you want to remain anonymous.

There are some very important items to discuss an this club is built upon fairness and democracy so every ,members opinion is very important. 

jasper31

I think we have had ample time to get views / opinions and ideas to the committee now so i'm going to set a date to have a teams meeting to discuss

i will send a direct link to each members email address and also publish it on our group chat and facebook page, we can accommodate everybody then and not just a few....

If you want to bring anything up then now is the time...
Wasn't me!

steelcowboy

I really think each member should be looking at paying for some of the pegging fees upfront . Maybe 6 matches to be paid for as they join and then 6 more matches to be paid say around July time .
It is surely no longer viable for the club to book x amount of pegs just because we have x amount of members . Members know at the start of the season which matches they will miss due to holidays etc .

This is how a lot of clubs are now having to do it with most asking for the full amount of pegging fees upfront for all matches booked for that season  !

Leo Martin

Guys,

Any more items to add to the agenda for the AGM?

Current list is

1 - Committee members  - roles / responsibilities /
2 - Complaints
3 - Rules / changes / new / old
4 - Increased Pegging Fee
5 - Live draw / draw on day
6 - Venues
7 - Forum / Facebook / Social media
8 - Only booking lake where we can park behind all pegs
9 - Membership numbers,
10 - Afternoon matches
11 - match times (Start later - Dave Fox)
12 - Pre payment of matches in advance  ( 6 matches a time - Max )
13 - Club Finances / Balance sheet

Can you also please check you have teams loaded on your tablet, phone, laptop etc. in advance of the AGM?

jasper31

I can only assume that everyone now has the invite to attend this meeting, if you do so then great if you don't that is your choice.

If we get a fair few league members joining i have created a little live quiz for everyone to have a go at? you will need another internet device apart from the one you are using to join the meeting (phone / laptop / computer) to play along but it should be fun....

I will even see if i can dig out a few floats as a prize for the highest score.... >:D

Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Can you please indicate if you are joining the AGM so we know who to expect? Ta very much

Jlanelly

Yo Leo I will be attending

Paul Whitehouse

I will be available

Indian

Yes if I'm invited

Leo Martin

Hi Kev, did you receive the link in an email?