News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Winter League format

Started by jasper31, March 22, 2022, 10:17:31

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Firstly let me say thanks to everyone that took part - from league members to guests it was well supported by you all.

for the ones that took part in this years winter league can you give your feedback

This year was a different format from previous years and incorporating 3 venues instead of the one (Lindholme), can you give you feedback on:

What worked?
What you didn't like?
What you think we could improve on?
would you like more venues included?
Or less Venues?
Less matches?
Droppers - is 3 the right amount?
Guests - do they spoil the league?
Is there a point to league and could we just run knock ups?
Pay outs? - with less anglers the payout is minimal
Do we go to winner and 1st in section only as most sections only have 4 anglers in?

These are just a few topics off the top of my head and not my thoughts - its a chance for you to have a say and as always we take it all on board before committing to next years matches.

Wasn't me!

dave.fox

Scrap Springvale 👍😂😂

Indian

Everything  about this years league was perfect venues payments guests please same again many thanks Jasper for your hard work

Paul Whitehouse

I found it really good with 3 matches at 3 different venues , quite happy with the format and payout ect.

Leo Martin

Sorry i couldn't join the league this year but really enjoyed being a guest in the matches, thankyou everyone.

I think the 3 venues chosen helped greatly and added variety.
It also helped with less barrow work and park behind pegs definitely an improvement.
Guests helped maintain numbers to minimum 12 and in some cases lifted numbers right up with 7 guests on one match.
Not being in the league I cant comment but looking from outside in there was the usual rivalry and competition between league members and down to last match for some positions / brown envelopes.
3 droppers seems fair for the number of matches
Match numbers about right.
Pay-outs seemed fair and well spread out
Any thoughts about a 4th venue , Messingham Sands is consistent and park behind most pegs?

I don't know how you managed it but you did really well with the weather this year, more of the same please.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Just my thoughts and no way am I intending to change just to suit me  >:D

What worked?Different venues offered different challenges
What you didn't like? Springvale making us sit peg 4 peg and rest of lake empty
What you think we could improve on? Not a lot really
would you like more venues included? Yes - I would like to have 2 venues and for 3rd venue have 3 different venues to bring more variety I.e. have 3 matches at either grange / Springvale or Lindholme / Grange and then for other 3 matches have a different venue each time
Or less Venues? More
Less matches? No perfect
Droppers - is 3 the right amount? Right amount
Guests - do they spoil the league? No - more the merrier
Is there a point to league and could we just run knock ups? Like league format
Pay outs? - with less anglers the payout is minimal
Do we go to winner and 1st in section only as most sections only have 4 anglers in? like the payout with 1st and 2nd in section
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

I guess messingham Sands could go in the mix as an another potential venue for winter fishing. Just need to be careful how many pegs are booked up front.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

big glen

Jasper it was fantastic mate , some good and bad days were had by me , but that's fishing .
great banter with the lads , nothing wrong with the venues , but a mix up might be good , but no long walks please.
put me down for next winter league i for one really enjoyed it ,

Many thanks for organizing it keep up the good work .

jasper31

Wasn't me!