News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Summer League round 7 19th June Swanlands Chestnut

Started by Leo Martin, May 11, 2021, 19:33:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Guys, 5 still to confirm for this match and 4 more still to pay on please. 9 in total.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Have we any info on the lake and fishing at all?
depth, tactics, fish stamp?
park behind pegs or barrow job?
baits, fishery or any pellets?
Cafe?

Jlanelly

Guys can Richard Cooke go down as a reserve for Swanlands

fishfinder

Still some ducks on there Leo,maybe your friend will remember you.fished it a couple of weeks ago and was very hard,not many carp showed, it was won with 45lb of bream a lovely  net of fish on worm and caster,2nd and 4th was skimmer on maggot.can drive round and even if very wet there are 3 places to park so not far to walk.Results since then have improved so looks like a few carp have started to feed,5ft ish in most pegs,fishery feed pellets.

Leo Martin

steve

Decent video here showing the venue...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePpvF8sRboU&t=15s

Enjoy  8)

Glen Turner

HI Guys
Could I fish this match , if its not full.
Cheers

Jlanelly

Match report
Set up bomb rod just in case, not used.
Top kits 2 deck rigs one for maggot worm or corn, the other with a band for pellet. Two margin rigs same hook set up. Two shallow rigs,
16m to the island, on the whistle potted in dead reds and ground bait 2+3, 18 kiazan John 2 dead reds
Nothing first 5 minutes, I saw fish cruising one came in range of my 2+3 lifted swung out and dropped the two dead reds in-front of the fish snaffeld the bait fish on 6lb carp in net, repeated this 6 or 7 times.Got a few bream on the deck(flying fish) All the time feeding both margins dead reds and ground bait to the right, corn and micros to the left. About 1:300 tried righthand margin another flying bream then a half pound perch. The cruising fish disappeared my clicker had 35lb at this point, so back to the margins right hand side first 2:30 first carp 9lb best fish of the day, fed a big pot of dead reds after each fish. Had a few foul hookers but they were steady to the final whistle.
Nothing to my left margin Leo must have scared them off. Most fish caught on dead reds.

steve