News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

lockdown topics

Started by Leo Martin, January 17, 2021, 16:16:37

Previous topic - Next topic

steelcowboy

Think last time I was out was 28th December fished Curlew at Messingham . Weather been to cold for me to venture out so not been to bad sat at home , but I have new Shimano feeder rod waiting to be collected from Lindholme but with travel restrictions finding it difficult to collect ! Don't know what travel guidelines are for shopping / click n collect but as the weather is looking ok for Thursday this week I might be tempted.
I know this is cheating sort off but as Lindholme is a customer and they have a small issue that I need to call in to check out .
Was thinking of killing two birds and all that . Fingers crossed I have a job to look at in Wheatley donny in the morning then just a quick drive on to Lindy to check a fault ,click n collect and a couple of of hours trying new rod out .

Am I doing wrong ? Come on guys  let me have it be honest and ruthless

steve

In my opinion, for what it's worth, if you were going fishing there it would be wrong because it's not local to you. If you were going there to collect your rod the question would be is that really a necessary journey. However if your going there for work then it is acceptable, plus your helping a worthy cause  ;D

steelcowboy

jasper31

I was there on Saturday and as my lad wanted to try temp the big pike out of Loco I decided to try a bit more feeder fishing. After chatting to Alex i said 19 but he said get on 20 or 21 so i wasn't far off the right area. Turned up on Loco and Chicken was on 19 so i went on 21 with wind off our back it was a good call. i started on bomb n bread for the first 1hr and a half, never got a single liner so cracked out the method. Fishing at about 35 / 40m i had a small F1 (went for a pee and lad nicked my rod and caught a small mirror carp). Chicken one of the regular open lads was catching well, all F1's and a good stamp, so off i went and had a good chat with him and he told me a couple of little pointers. Sat back on box and changed a couple of things (thanks chicken) and straight away caught F1's ranging from 2lb up to 5/6lb - ended up having a great day and packed up after catching 20 F1's and a small skimmer. With the weather being cold and all the Ice going in the lake i couldn't have asked for more really. Cracking winter day.

Oh and the lad didn't catch any pike even walking around the lake trying different swims.... :police: :police:
Wasn't me!

steve

I'm sure we all want to know - What did the chicken say to the Jasper?

Mickr1963

He will have said Chuck into my peg, just a normal days fishing for Jasper 😂😂
All Leeds Aren't We

steve

Why do they call you Chicken? "Puck, puck, puck knows!"