News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2021 week 2

Started by Leo Martin, January 15, 2021, 21:15:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Hope everyone keeping safe and well?

Has anyone ventured out for some local exercise alongside a lake or river?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Skyblue1987

Walking down our local Beach and back through a deserted Haven holiday park very eerie all those caravans sat empty.
I had a season ticket once you know

steve

Canal down garden thawed out now, colour of chocolate. Had a walk up the local river with the dog, it was raging through, one bloke perched on top of the bank barble fishing, not had a touch, not surprising!
Can't wait to give it a go when it fines down a bit.

Bet there's no problem getting a deckchair Mike 😁

Leo Martin

Lots of colour in river Ancholme as I went past, also couple of guys with lure tackle fishing for predators. lots of water coming down as well from inland.

Skyblue1987

Quote from: steve on January 17, 2021, 09:35:32
Canal down garden thawed out now, colour of chocolate. Had a walk up the local river with the dog, it was raging through, one bloke perched on top of the bank barble fishing, not had a touch, not surprising!
Can't wait to give it a go when it fines down a bit.

Bet there's no problem getting a deckchair Mike 😁

No Steve no problem unfortunately..Went on another beach today where they filmed the Lloyds black horse sea section of the advert currently on tele goes on for miles and miles crossed the golf club to get to it ..and has been used as a firing range by the army so told Mrs Dodd to walk Quickly and not in straight lines just in case  >:D >:D it seems up here if there's a beach there's cows!! Of the 4 legged varieties that actually roam on to the beach so it Goes... shell,seaweed,crab shell,Cow sh#te.and the crafty buggers have Sandy coloured poos!!! So if you not sure sniff it..
On local Salmon River Tweed I've found out that over the years coarse fish have been removed from the river!! But that practice has stopped...so it has been said but others say it's still going on but not publicly!!
So will keep an eye out...As they don't fish on a Sunday!!!! On salmon waters cant be fished on a Sunday so that's the day for me too trot a ...ssstttttiiiiiiccccckkkkk.   Think that's how you say it and a rooodddd and wheel thingy majigy 8) :o If I can find them ...Have  more dust on them than Smiler's wallet ;D ;D.

Leo Martin

Cows paddling in the sea, oh dear. Think his Lairdship needs to let his ice melt a little in his Whiskey before taking a swig

Skyblue1987

Yep they are actually on the beaches up here..so I'm taking a barbecue a a few loaves down when we are all allowed..I'll teach the buggers for the sand crappin ...Be the beef with the teeth they don't allow them near the golf course mind fenced off No cow ass on the grass apparently..

steve

;D ;D brilliant- keep safe Mike.