News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Summer League round 10 Hollywood Bowl

Started by Leo Martin, October 11, 2020, 20:28:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Summer League Messingham Sands Hollywood Bowl October 11th 2020

The last time the lads visited Hollywood Bowl it was on a knock up and the match gave mixed results as feast or famine. Today some guys were out to repair their pride and Bowl over the fish in the newest lake for the Messingham sands complex.

A horseshoe / canal style lake. One side  early pegs) as yet without established vegetation, the back side ( higher peg numbers) does have some vegetation on the separating bar of the horseshoe. All pegs are park behind which is a very appreciated growing trend. Width approx. 30m which can easily be reached with a  feeder and or waggler. To protect the fish paternoster type bomb feeder rigs are required.

The weather is definitely on the turn for the worse (was it ever good?) with temperatures falling as quick as the rain. Cold rainfall on arrival, wind blowing towards end peg Cookie. We did have all seasons of weather, light rain, heavy rain even hail at one stage I believe, wind blowing one way then wind blowing the other which moved the few fish I did have. No wind and flat calm water, over cast and some sunshine. I was impressed how when Glen blew the all-out he also summoned an extra heavy down pour with his whistle to thoroughly drench us all.

Peg 62 home for the day which I fancied on looking at it, but this soon turned out like a lottery ticket purchase.

With fish topping at the start of the match, they soon reduced in numbers and it was noticeable when the wind to right to left and blowing to John Uttings end on our bank.

Basically I caught most of my fish on cage feeder with micros, 6mm hard pellet on the hook, chucked across. Nothing from margin and a few much smaller fish on my pole lines and thanks for coming.

The lads in the unfancied back really made a good show of things and this reflects in the returned weights. I am guessing that the spread of weights will result in a request for a return to the lake in the near future.

Well done to Kevin Indian Webster who is having a storming summer league season with 99-12.

Dave Fox peg 38  DNS
Micheal Roche Peg 40  89-6   section win ( assisted from a green UFO?)
John Lanelly Peg 42 64-6
Steve Curtis peg 44 79.6            second in section
Max Peg 46 56-5
Glen Peg 48  60-14
Indian peg 50 99-12                Match win
Woolfy peg 52 70-5               second in section
T Raynor Peg 54 51-8
K Smith Peg 56 82-11   section win
J Utting Peg 58 81-1                section win and back in form
K Chalk Peg 60 31-6
Leo Peg 62 23-13                    (must try harder)
Jasper Peg 64 74-2                     second in section
Nige (end peg) Cooke Peg 64      65-14 ( wheels came off when wind changed)

Well done Indian on the win, well done section and second in section guys.
Thank you Glen for the timekeeping
Massive thanks to Jasper on the organising and running the match.

Knock up next week on 17th Swanlands Thorne
Final League match Springvale 24th First Spring. All to play for.

How did the Bowl work for you? Baits, tactics, thoughts on venue?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Mickr1963

Peg 40 for me on the Jasper Wheel of fortune, not too happy with draw because of the area but turned out to be an end peg as Foxy who drew 38 couldn't make the match.
Decided from the off to set up two pole rigs a margin to the left and a 2 + 2 in about seven foot of water coming back up the slope, bomb rod with 6mm pellet and ground bait feeder with corn so a fairly simple match. All in started with the bomb whilst feeding the pole line with a ball of micros, corn and 4mm expander, first half hour had two 6oz carp and kept my eye on John who started well on the pole. Stayed on the bomb for about an hour putting 10 lb on the clicker and because I was well behind at that time opted for the pole.
Started catching from the off Tench, Skimmers and small carp the peg got better and better and a bigger stamp of carp moved on to the feed so stayed on this line, at two o'clock had 40 lb on the clicker so sandwich time, pole out ground bait feeder across with corn and didn't even have time to pour a coffee before tip was round, four quick carp on this before it went dead. Back on to the pole line and catching quite regular now, 3pm fed margin to my left two big pots of ground bait and a pot of dead reds, 70 lb on the clicker when I saw my first swirl in the margin. Spent last half hour on this line putting four decent carp in the net and losing two foul hookers. Come the weigh in finished second for the second week running with 89lb so another great days fishing at Messingham Sands
All Leeds Aren't We

Indian

Peg 50 didn't mean anything to me last time i saw this there wasn't  any water in it so went with open mind set up 3pole rigs 2+2 top 2 and margin also bomb started on 2+2 with 6m pellets first 2hours had about 35lb then died been feeding bomb line 8m pellets went over had 3carp all time feeding 2+2 and top 2with maggot fished bomb for 30 mins then tried top 2 with maggot 3 carp and 2 perch back on 2+2 and 6m pellets and caught steady 3 o'clock fed margin with gbait a nd dead reds tried it at 3.15 got 3 lumps and  1 foul hooker in 45 mins