News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2020 Summer league round 7 Linndholme Bennies

Started by Leo Martin, August 31, 2020, 20:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash Summer League round 7 Bennies August 29 2020

Well August Bank holiday and who would believe that we were getting wrapped up in winter gear, 11 degrees start of day, 13 degrees at end of match and this isn't counting the cold blustery wind which for some guys was smack in the kisser.

Cripple corner on peg one for yours truly and whilst slowly the repairs are happening inside the broken left leg it is appreciated that I am given the peg closest to the car park, thank you everyone. The recent torrential  down pours effected the match in several ways, the fishes feeding in certain pegs was indifferent but main one was cars were banned from driving around the lake so this meant it was a trolley push and hike around the lake. As we grow older it must be said the members are looking more for "comfort parking" close to their pegs however who could predict that we were going to have a week of torrential rain which soaked the ground like it did. In august we expect tee shirts and shorts not thermals and wet weather gear. I suppose despite the horrendous WIndholme wind, it did stay dry for us except a few light showers.

The Friday night draw gave most of the Bashers the chance to arrive in f=good time and bag good parking spaces. Bennies was matched up all the way around and also Loco was full as well so car parking was at a premium. To reduce my walk further I arrived to find Woolfy, John Utting watching in amusement at Glen assembling his new barrow. A wheel in every corner and handle at back is always a good start but when under watchful eyes the pressure mounts. Well done big fella you got there in the end.

Peg 1 tucked in the corner with wind from behind and it all looked set for a comfortable good day. 3 nets in for even split of fish and after half an hour 2 F1s in each net progressing reasonably well and then they went. I had a top 2 + 2 line out in front, top 2 + 2 to the left hand sedges and close line to sedges on my right and method feeder set up. Pellets, pellets and more pellets, corn, casters dead reds, ground-bait . Struggling on Bennies big style, shallow, jigger, bottom lines all tried and bottom line was most productive one with productive being in inverted commas.

Couldn't see other angles due to sedges but on shouting to Mick Roche on next peg he too was struggling. Another club angler rocked up late for his match and sat on peg 60 opposite Mick. After a quite first hour he then proceeded to catch one a bung on his short method line. I tried casting short, nothing, chucked across to sedges and managed to eek 2 out. The day ended up with some bites in left hand sedge line after filling it in with groundbait but again pnly managed a couple from that. All in all on a match that was supposed to be a weight builder it was 23-1 and thanks a big style thanks for coming.

Whilst I was sat in relative comfort some lads had the wind in their face all day so well done to you. With the wind blowing in some guys took full advantage to make great catches in the conditions. It was Indian who  took the honours with 146 – 3 to carry on with his good season and take the big brown envelope and 1 league point. Well done Kev.2 x more ton weights with Jasper and Steve Curtis bagging up ad quite a few good back up weights to support this , well done guys.

Peg 1 Leo 23-1
Peg 2 mick Roche 42-4
Peg 3 Nige Cooke 79-10    2nd in section
Peg 4 Keith Smith 92-7       section win
Peg 5 Lewis Fox 77-9
Peg 7 Pete Turton 79-14
Peg 9 Steve Guy    36-10
Peg 11 Wollfy  98-11        2nd in section
Pwg 13 Steve Akal  66-1
Peg 15 Jasper           131-2     sectioin win
Peg 17 smiler no show
Peg 19 Kevin Chalk 49-10
Peg 21 D Fox    89-4            Section win
Peg 23 Indian 146-3              Match win
Peg 25 John Utting    86-15       2nd in scetion
Peg 27 Big Glen    80-13             2nd in section
Peg 29 Steve Curtis   130-11      Section win
Peg 31 John Lanelly  36-15
Peg 33 Andy W8     64-3
Peg 35 Paul Abbey    56-2

Thank you to our guests Pete Turton, Woolfy, Lewis fox and Paul Abbey supporting the club.

Massive well done to Indian on the match win which I understand was on method close in.
well done to section winners and second in sections as well.

Thank you to Big Glen for his timekeeping and Steve Curtis for weighing in.
Massive thank you for Jasper for his organisation and admin.
Next league match is on Curlew at Messingham Sands, not fished this one for few years so should be interesting and this is match 8 of the league so we are rapidly moving closer to the end of the summer season.

Winter league membership is being taken and also there are more friendlies in between the league matches. It's all go with the Big Bash angling club

How was the day for yourself? baits methods tactics?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Peg 29 for me in second lake not the best area but with the whole section in it was going to be fair,top 3 in the league in the section as well.started on 3 sections and caught steady on paste including one about 7lb,then after an hour or so got snagged up to my left managed to get the fish out of the snag twice but whatever it was snagged on was moving as I was pulling, so could not get a bite on that line afterward,few on feeder,put another section on pole line and started to get a few then disaster my pole broke and I lost 3 sections, rerigged but could not get it the same so spent the rest of the match on feeder,until last half hour down the edge and only managed 1 about 8lb on this,happy to finish with 130lb and section win.