News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 AGM

Started by Leo Martin, September 22, 2019, 19:32:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Indian

Is the agm after the fur and feather  if not when . Iwould like to attend wherever it is but from 27oct to 1nov i am in Spain O0

steve

After the Fur n Feather would ensure a decent turn out of members but its not really practical to have a Annual General Meeting without the Treasurer and Club Secretary in attendance.

jasper31

We could always do it after 1st winterleague match on Nov 30th at Lindholme's cafe? Shouldn't be that many people there as no F&F going on until later on in Dec.
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Can I suggest November 30th then
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Indian

That's a yes from me O0 8) 8)

steelcowboy

Seems strange to hold a agm after a winter league match when only a handful of summer league members are fishing ?

If the agm was held on a midweek evening then people who turned up would have a genuine interest in the club only my opinion but after a winter league match not really fair

Skyblue1987

Quote from: steelcowboy on October 19, 2019, 19:38:54
Seems strange to hold a agm after a winter league match when only a handful of summer league members are fishing ?

If the agm was held on a midweek evening then people who turned up would have a genuine interest in the club only my opinion but after a winter league match not really fair

I agree Max with only 5/6 possible to attend after fishing,surely after a summer league last match 15plus members in attendance? I can't make the winter league date proposed.
I had a season ticket once you know

jasper31

After the November was just a suggestion after what was said about committee members not being at the F&F

I quiet happy for Mike and Leo to run the AGM in my absence
Wasn't me!

steve

Can the Chairman and Committee members confidently answer all the questions that may be raised by members at the meeting in the absence of the Secretary and Treasurer?

jasper31

Steve - as a democratic run club then the committee very rarely has to make decisions just on their opinion. Rules / ideas / suggestions normally are brought forward by the club members and then are used as open discussions. Rules are implemented on a majority basis and all members are given the same privileges as committee members.

Basically the committee is here to organise matches, keep a detailed record of accounts and then be the judicator in and dispute or rule breaking.

In Mike (club chairman), Leo (club Secertary) and Jack (treasurer) I cannot see a role for myself anyway - basically all i do is book the matches - one year in advance 😂😂

If the AGM is held after the F&F i'm confident that Leo would have the to date accountancy books and all information would be passed on to him by Jack.

I would be there but I won't be in the country and was presented with an opportunity I couldn't turn down. I have offered an alternative but others don't agree.... when we tried to hold an AGM midweek the Members couldn't attend and no others turned up.

I'm happy to go with what ever is decided.

Wasn't me!

Skyblue1987

Jasper the only reason I suggested after springvale is virtually all members there present at match if you have the suggestion you put it relying on members not fishing to turn up for 1 hour plus??? So travelling from Rotherham,Sheffield etc for one hour doesn't seem practical to me? Just my opinion....
And Correct me if I'm wrong jack was poorly last F&F and couldn't attend......
We all now on the committee about poor turn outs on arranging agms midweek etc it doesn't work
But last year we had all the lads stayed behind at hallcroft for the agm so it's easier for getting everyone involved
Now we know the trouble we had in the cafe at hallcroft once open lads came in we couldn't be heard!
If we do payouts etc in the draw hut on springvale there is no interruption to contend with???

Maybe a vote needed on this sharpish if we have it there or not???
I had a season ticket once you know

Indian

If we want numbers at the agm then after the fur and feather is the only time the majority of members will be present i suggest sue at springvale is contacted to see if we can stay on a little longer to have the meeting

Leo Martin

Ive had word from previous emails off Jack and Jasper they are okay for the AGM to go ahead after the F & F.

I propose it happens after the F & F and we complete it whilst the majority of members present.

can someone please contact Sue for me to see if she is okay for us to hold it after the match in one of her sheds?

Thanks

leo
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steve