News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Big Bash mystery pairs match Loco June 9th,

Started by Leo Martin, June 10, 2019, 21:34:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

2019 June 9th Hangover weekend Mystery Pairs match Loco.

With 8 bashers sleeping over at Lindholme we were joined by 4 more of our friends for the second days match on the Sunday and a mystery pairs on Loco Lake.

Breakfast for the 8 sleepovers was beautifully prepared and served by Indian who Jack had kindly left to "sleep in" adding more pressure to his frying pan. No worries it was all taken in his stride, top nosh from a top guy and just what was required to soak up any excess alcohol.

Bright sunshine replaced Saturday's rainfall however everyone's gear was still wet through, rain was forecast later in the afternoon but this did not deter some fishing in tee shirts and shorts and our own pin up guy Glen going topless to catch some "rays".

Loco was shared with other match anglers and todays office was peg 43 happy days (at least the beginning of the match). And w8 to my right and newlywed tackle tart to my left.

The match was also being used for the semi-finals of the challenge cup as well.

Pellet waggler, Bomb, 2+3 pole line and margin to my right although this was 3 foot deep...

Long story short I caught a couple on the waggler and lost more. I've then caught a couple on the bomb below my waggler line and lost even more. Hooked one on margins as they didn't show up till 3:45 and gone and lost that one as well. 4 fish in the net to be weighed in when my rod has been bent into fish too many times to remember, I was looking for a hole in the bottom of my keepnet aka smiler style... Donkey chokers the way to go but watch the tree roots to the left hand side of the bloody peg.

Pairs drawn at the match end keeps everything interesting and we even had some extra prize to award for this match. Bigger smile because the rain didn't come until 18:00 so we got away with only one wet day out of the two.

No league points on these results.
Peg 23 Jasper 27-11
Peg 24 Stephen Akal 32-4
Peg 26 Mike Roche 63-4 including a fine specimen of 16-13 which won a bottle of wine
Peg 28 Darkhorse Jack 27-8
Peg 34 Chef Indian 22-9
Peg 36 John Lanelly 23-12 including a fish of 13-4
Peg 37 Steve Curtis 27-13
Peg 39 Glen 75-2 ( 4 fish totalled 41-7)
Peg 41 Andy Waite 64-8
Peg 43 still sulking Leo 19-12
Peg 45 Keith TT Smith 25-3
Peg 48 Mike Dodd 13-9 winning a case of coors light , lowest weight.

Mystery pairs drawn match results
Jasper & Mick Roche 90-15 second place
Jack and Glen 102-10 winners
Indian and Keith Smith 47-12
Leo & Andy w8 84-4
Mike Dodd and Steve Curtis 41-6
Steak and John Lanelly 56-0

Thank you to everyone supporting the two day event, my personal view is the format works well and we cannot expect everyone in the club to fish both days due to family commitments, work etc. 12 out of 20 is a good turn out and can only grow into more members and guests. Well done everyone

This is the first time I've fished both days and even stayed over on the Saturday night. Excellent company and great fun, good food and the warm beer even went down well.

Special comments re our own Jack Crabtree who really entertained everyone with his one liners and general piss-takes. This is not mentioning his middle of the night wandering for those who shared his lodge Friday evening which resulted in a lot of tired eyes Saturday morning and Andy W8 having to have a tea time deep snooze after the Saturday match. dont be decieved by Jacks quiet demeanor, truely a dark horse.

Next match is at Portland lakes in two weeks time, places to still confirm and spare pegs available. This venue cafĂ© also does a half decent breakfast if I remember correctly but nothing to match Indians. 
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire