News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 round 4 Grange Park Merrys lake

Started by Leo Martin, April 27, 2019, 21:53:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

April 27th Grange Park Merry's summer league round 4
With overnight rain and heavy winds on the cards it was wrap up warm time again for the Big Bash lads as we ventured to Grange Park and Merrys lake. The fish in Merrys had been feeding well recently so it would be interesting if the change of weather could influence their feeding habits.
5 guests helping take the numbers to 17 for the match and it was car park office to sort out booking as the Grange Park café is still waiting to reopen. Many thanks to John Balmforth, Glen and Steve Curtis for assisting in the admin proceedings as the next round of the challenge cup was also sorted out.
Draw made, and loads of room around Merrys which offers a totally different aspect of fishing to the other Grange park lakes with various features and possibilities for different styles depending upon where you draw. The cold wind was going to play a big part in the day as well with some pegs having flat calm conditions and others Icelandic blasts in their faces.
Mick Roche took the honours with a match win of 106.14, well done Mick who entertained those around with an excellent performance.
Section winners
Max $teelcowboy Bates 98.13 peg 2
Jack Crabtree 71-15 peg 12
Steve Curtis 89-3 peg 21
Phil Codlin 84-12 peg 27
Second in sections
Big Glen 91-0 peg 1
Richard Cooke 61-14 peg 11
Steve Guy 43-3 peg 14
Andy Waite 78-3 peg 25 including a nice specimen of 12-4.
My day started with awaking at 7:15, still full of ale and continued its downward spiral with the draw of peg 16 wind full in my face. My recent results have been turned upside down with a return to standard form and nothing to trouble the scales man, maybe I should take up origami
Many thanks to Glen on crusty whistle as time keeper and Steve Curtis for the efficient weighing in again
Next match it's a return to Lindholme and Willows lake for some F1 fishing (hopefully). This is on May 11th and confirmations still required and spare places available.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Draw made a massive difference yesterday on merrys whilst there is some very good pegs on the windy bank notably 8 - 12 they were very badly wind effected with the first 7 weights all had wind off their backs .Well done to all especial those who stuck it out on the cold bank

Leo Martin

Thanks Steve. Anyone else got views on the match, the venue and how it fished for them?

jasper31

Quote from: Leo Martin on April 29, 2019, 21:13:46
Thanks Steve. Anyone else got views on the match, the venue and how it fished for them?

Well i got 40 points (1st Place), got very drunk, bit of dad dancing and had a really good weekend... :Music_musik29: :bigfish: :Music_musik29: :Music_musik29:
Wasn't me!

jasper31

Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Quote from: jasper31 on April 30, 2019, 11:24:26
Quote from: Leo Martin on April 29, 2019, 21:13:46

Well i got 40 points (1st Place), got very drunk, bit of dad dancing and had a really good weekend... :Music_musik29: :bigfish: :Music_musik29: :Music_musik29:

I thnk you backed a winner Mate, cant wait for the film to come out  :drummer: :drummer: