News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 round 3 Lindholme Bonsai

Started by Leo Martin, April 06, 2019, 21:35:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Summer league round 3 Bonsai 6.4.2019
For the first visit of 2019 to Lindholme the spiritual home of the Big Bash we had a date on bonsai.. Generously pegged by Neil and the lake only shared with pleasure anglers we had a good spacing or pegs and areas to fish.
Bonsai now overlooked by the rapidly developing new bar and café which will provide a nice backdrop to share a beer and watch the anglers fishing the lake rods bending.

Nice cafe big table to camp out on for admin duties and Birthday boy Jack to collect the fish card and daft quid monies. Mike running a sweep stake on the National (nice touch and can my horse please stop running now?) pegging assistance from Glen and we welcomed Steve Akal to the Big Bash for his first match with us of the year. Also Paul Whitehouse our welcomed guest, who fishes the winter league and loves us so much he cant stay away, keep coming mate ?.
17 anglers on and draw made well in time so the short journey to Bonsai to set up. The weather was also kind with lovely cool dry spring morning. Overcast, cloudy and sunny periods. Water flat calm and occasional ripple, a lovely day to fish on.

Peg 62 home for the day on the arm facing the café. Steve Akal to my left, Kev Webster to my right. Plan today was top2 + 2 two lines 11 oclock and 2 oclock. Margins both sides and feeder rod with banjo to start off on.

Whistle blown by time keeper Glen who on peg 2 was like Billy no mates all on his lonesome with lodge guests pleasure fishing next to him for his company.

Indian to my left 3 fish in almost as many out put ins, this guys is on fire. Steve Akal spent a short time workin out his peg , float then jigga where he started ot catch then back float and he was on a large shoal of good size skimmers mixed with roach, odd F1 and some tench including a lovely golden variety. Once found and they were feeding it was head down and a very impressive first match with us. Later on he moved to plunder his margin to good effect before going back on his original line skimmer bashing. Only a couple of lean spells which probably cost him the match, well fished sir.
Across was the trio of birthday boy Jack, John Lanelly and the Owston Ferry warbler himself Mike Dodd. Banter chatting, Abba and threats of black lace Agadoo all match. So entertaining even the ducks and geese were dancing in front of them.

My own match was a struggle for the first 3 hours until I found what they wanted which was bomb and pellet to the island in front of me. Then it was steady away with some good F1's and carp to 4 lb. struggled on pole lines, even went out to top2 + 4, no joy. Margins tried and skimmers so concentrated on bomb and hard pellet for an enjoyable day in the sun with good company.

Weigh in stalwart Steve Curtis efficiently carried out the scales duties and once again Lindholme has come up trumps with everyone catching and having a decent day.

Match winner on pole and pellet on lonesome peg 2 Big Glen with 87-12
Section winners
1st section peg 49 Mike Dodd 63-4
2nd section peg 60 Steve Akal 77-3 mostly silvers
3rd section peg 6 Steve Curtis 85-6
4th Section peg 78 Jasper 81-11
Second in sections
1st section peg 47 John Lanelly 59-2
2nd section peg 56 Mick Roche 73 – 15 mostly silvers
3rd section peg 64 Kev Indian Webster 53-12
4th section peg 84 Paul Whitehouse 55-2

Maggots hard and soft pellet, and corn accounted for a lot of the fish caught today on what has been an enjoyable session.

Next match a Big Bash team match on 13th April where we defend our crown and bragging rights at Holmedale Lake on Sherwood fishery verses our good friends James Maude AC.

Next summer league match is April 27th Grange Park Merrys, confirmations still required and guest places are available
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

weldec

Very well done Glen, well done packet pickers. Thanks for coming Leo. Good account of the day.
See you next Saturday.

Leo Martin

Glen did a great job on what could be said at the draw was a great position. However the two pleasure anglers next to Glen were feeder fishing with huge feeders being cast to ( and on) the island in front of Glen. The wind had also blown a large amount of surface scum into Glens corner.
A great result by the big man and well earned match win.
There was also a lot of nip and tuck further down the order with close results ground out on a strange day with fihs showing and moving one. The skimmers are now a respectable size and some very good nets caught which made choice of skimmers or seeking elusive carp/ F1s head scratching for some.
Well done to all  packet pickers.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

kiwi

Nice win for Glen few more wins and he be able to retire ;D ;D

jasper31

Wasn't me!