News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

challenge cup round 1

Started by Leo Martin, March 23, 2019, 21:46:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Draw made at Springvale.
Joining fees to be paid in please if not already done so as your names have been drwn out.

group A
Jack Crabtree - 34lb 4oz - unfortunately Out
Jasper - 43lb 1oz - Through
John Lanelly - 45lb 1oz - Through

group B
Mike Roche   32-8   THROUGH
Big Glen       43-10   THROUGH
Richeard Cooke   31-6  OUT

group C         Result drawn at Merrys out of bag ( 27.4.2019)
Mike Dodd              THROUGH
Keith TT Smith        OUT
Dave Fox                THROUGH

group D
Leo Martin         64-2    OUT
Kev Webster      65-11   THROUGH
Steve Curtis      69-12   THROUGH

Matches to be fished withing next 2 Big Bash summer League matches. highest 2 weights in each group to go through to next round
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

Views required please from members who have joined to fish the challege cup matches.

We said originally that 2 matches between rounds to allow guys unable to attend every match date however there  looks to be circumstances where one angler who attends the first leg cannot attend the second leg out of the teams of either 3 or 2 anglers. It is unfair to drop the angler who cannot attend the 2nd leg but attended the first leg.

Do we open this up to 3 weeks ( which is my view to be fair) instead of limiting it to 2 matches as we said in rules generation?

If after 3 weeks then if the anglers cannot get together I propose a draw is made of the 2 or 3 names to eectt he person to go through to the next round .

I can see the above circumstances arrising in group C in this years matches which has promptd my thoughts.

views please guys.

jasper31

Updated after knock up Saturday and agreed
Wasn't me!

Skyblue1987

Foxy not on my match last week as we could have done it then,he's on Bonsai this week but don't think Keith is?? Barring that jm match??? Think we are all on it
I had a season ticket once you know

tackletart

Hi Mike.
Unfortunately I am not on jm match
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

jasper31

This is going to drag on lol

They group C reprobates are not fishing together till at least June 8th on the Ferrets memorial match...
Wasn't me!

Jack Crabtree

Kick em out & put 1st round losers back in  >:D >:D >:D
Just wait till I get my cataracts done

kiwi

Jack wait for the hate mail :laugh: :laugh:

Leo Martin

So we said two matches before coming to a decision. We have had 3 matches, a knock up and the JM team match.

I propose we draw two names out of the hat to go through if the match has not been fished by the Merrys match. At merrys we can then draw the next round and progress.

Skyblue1987

The problem we have had is that non of the three of us have been on same match.Keith works a lot of shifts and foxy moving house I'm luckily on nearly all matches so...If you draw out Keith or foxy to go through you could have same problem again??? We can do one of two things,A.. refund all three of us
And we all drop out and then the comp can continue or B... do as A and start again with all previous names and draws???

jasper31

At the AGM a rule was made to do a blind draw if matches can't be fulfilled, to go against this is not best practice really.

Its unfortunate that this has happened but circumstances do change for everyone. I agree with Leo and that we stick to the rules and a draw is taken place, sorry for the person who looses out 
Wasn't me!

big glen

HERE HERE.
WE MUST STICK TO THE RULE SET.

tackletart

Yep stick to the rules.
No complaints here  :bigfish:
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

Skyblue1987

I'm ok with that just offered a suggestion that's all.

Jack Crabtree

And I was only kidding  :-[ :-[
Just wait till I get my cataracts done