Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

winter league round 5 January 19th Willows

Started by jasper31, January 20, 2019, 18:11:08

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Indian rides to the front again, well done Kev you look to have the winter magic touch.
Richard Cooke also haveing a consistent winter, well done.
Looks like it was hard work for everyone else.
Thank you for turning out, supporting the club and league and sticking it our in the cold day.

what tactics worked, bread maggots, or pellets? was it the new fish shoaled up or a few larger willows specimans to build the weight up?

Great to see Jack and Mike out blowing the cobwebs away.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Started on tip alternating between bread and corn, nothing, zilch not even a liner. Dobbed bread around stick ups with same result. Fished pole at 7m with maggot and had F1 and a skimmer then nothing. Last hour n half decided to use a very small cage feeder and single maggot looking for silvers, had another 2 F1's and a skimmer. I had Steve in same bay and fish had def done the off from this area. Neither new stock or smaller fish fed.
Wasn't me!

Indian

Great to see Jack return to the fold and Mike daring to muddy  the new box  peg 14 for the day started on bomb and bread cast around bay no bites same with corn pole 2+3 tapping in micros 4m exp on hook no bites same with 6m 3m and corn tried double maggot over micros small stockie then 2f1s no more bites tried opening 3 more swims to no avail went to 2+4 for f1 good size no more bites on any line went to bomb corn feeding 6 grains cast around bay for 4f1s while on bomb fed 2+3 line with maggot went over it last 4mins for 6lb carp and 5f1s

Leo Martin

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Paul Whitehouse - you forgot to pick up brown envelope.....
Wasn't me!

Paul Whitehouse

Sorry , had to get off as out with family at 5.45 and it takes an hour plus depending on traffic.

jasper31

No worries buddy will have it with me on Saturday
Wasn't me!