News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2019 Summer League round 2 Sykehouse Match Lake

Started by Leo Martin, February 02, 2019, 08:59:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

D Cranmer now added - Can you now confirm?
Wasn't me!

stephen.akal

Whoops,

Too late to book on - I'll be quicker with the next one I canmake  :(

Cheers,

Steve

fishfinder

Glen Turner

Hi, it looks like it's full, but if anyone drops out in, I can still fill in. Anyway just a bit of an update on how the lake is fishing, I fished it yesterday, and have been on a few other matches.  At the moment the waggler is the method thats doing well, between  4 and 7ft, feeding  4 pellets regularly it's not an in and out approach though its worth waiting for bites. The feeder/ bomb works, especially close in on the pole line. The carp have started to feed closer in maybe top 2 plus 2 or 3, and the margins are working especially late on. There's tons of good silvers in so thats an option if its fishing hard, or mid match while waiting for the carp to feed. Its a brilliant fishery and Ray and Glenda are the perfect hosts, you can even have a pint of San Miguel after. I'm sure you'll all have a good day, and best of luck.

steve

Thanks for that Glen, good info'  :)

Been today. Good news - breakfast is very nice!
We didn't go on the match lake because only the far pegs were available and without a motor on the barrow for the long walk and caterpillar tracks to get through the ankle deep mud we fished the more comfortable twin islands pond. Plenty of silvers, but no carp, despite trying everything.

Saw part of the weigh in of the open match. Pegs 30, 1, 3 had good nets with peg 30 having over 100lb. Corn and pellets did the business. Advised that waggler set a 4ft can work.
Fish averaging 3 - 6lb.
All nets supplied.

Pegs 30, 29, 28, 27 are nearest the car park all others are a decent walk, its too wet to allow cars around as last year. 

Leo Martin

Hi Glen , Steve, many thanks for sharing the information. Its what sets this club above most others. Thank you.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Skyblue1987

Will get jacks report at 4-05 on Saturday  ;D
I had a season ticket once you know

Leo Martin

Leo Martin

Who has the scale and bag for Saturday please?
Who has the dried on slaver covered whistle please?

andy w8

jasper31

Gents - I have the scales and bag  :-[ :-[ :-[
Wasn't me!

Skyblue1987

I had a season ticket once you know

jasper31

Good luck to everyone, sorry can't make it but will be quaffing copious amounts of alcholic beverages tonight....
Wasn't me!

big glen

Weather looking good for tomorrow lads , might just be time for my shirt to come off.

weldec

Have a great match Buzzers make sure you lick the honey 🍯 dry.