News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Round 15 Willows Lindholme

Started by Leo Martin, October 15, 2023, 09:34:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Aquatstim Big Bash Summer League round 14. Willows Lindholme 14.10.2023

A return to Lindholme after a few matches on our travels saw us with the full Willows Lake at our disposal kindly donated by Aaron and Alex, much appreciated. It is also a sign that the summer leagues are coming to an end so less match anglers are around as we move into the cooler months, dark mornings and nights, temperature changes and fluctuations of weather.  We were lucky in that we experienced a dry day, some sunshine in the early part of our match, overcast and clouds in the afternoon however there was a very cold wind blowing from Laurels side bank to the road side bank, bloody cold if you were sat in it.

F1 fishing is also different to our recent match venues and this is one of our club match positives I think in that it offers variation of not only venues but styles and types of fishing for the members. The F1's whilst can feed all year round do not like sudden weather changes and downpours of cold rain and temperatures dropping to 6 degrees was not going to help our day, especially on Willows lake.
Friday night draw off our Chairmen prior to his flight to the orient work experience trip saw 17 anglers on the wheel of fortune due to 2 late withdrawals. Peg 14 was delivered to yours truly which I can't say I was not pleased with. Point pegs on Willows are hot property during summer but not so in the cold. Paul Wright had almost a ton off it in the Friday afternoon cost cutter so no pressure there then , but I am not Paul Wright as everyone knows.

Plan was short line where there was about 4 foot depth at top 2 + 1 in front then margin lies where it's also very deep, left to reeds and tree stump just around point, right side as far around corner as I could see tight Into bank.  Bomb and feeder rod as standard out in front to share the bay with Max and Steve Guy. I fancied chucking right across to a tree on Laurels bank but for some reason it was frowned upon.

Anyhow whistle from Glen for all in and out pole went and I sat and watched attentively, and watched and watched for no bites all time in summary this line produced 2 micro perch during bait switches. I also went out to top 2 + 4 for consistent results. My margins also produced a perch from both sides so I guess this is the lakes preparation for Leo for the winter league accompanied with the very cold wind in my clock all day
Feeder rod tried out front and also each side again for o bites all time
Bomb rod saved face with a few F1's and 10 fish for 16-2 and thanks for coming.

Before match started Andy W8 did a walking tour of the lake saying hello and handing out some of the Aquastim bait deliveries for Jasper. The club members are certainly using all sorts of Aquastim offerings to coax the fish into feeding. Then on arrival at peg 5 requested move to 4 due to restrictions of room from a sedge bed in front of peg 5. With agreement from his other section colleagues his move was sanctioned and off he goes to set up. Further disruption came when a van driver drove over his pole section which was out behind him. His move also didn't help his weight as he joined my last in section club, welcome my friend and I hope your pole gets sorted with the van driver.

Match winner and back out in front was Steve Curtis from peg 38 who set off with the best of starts. 2 chucks and 30lb in net from 2 fish. One a 23lb 3 specimen in the most prime and perfect condition you could wish for. Steve went on the bag 142-14 for another match win, well done sir.

1st section winner was that man Joe Martin off peg 9 who bagged 75-13, 2nd in section Chalky off point peg 7 with 27-11. Well done guys

2nd section winner was Big Glen peg 20 who had just over a pound inn his net at mid match. He put his right hand margin to good use to finish with 80-10 and a few lost fish as well. Club coach Scott on peg 16 put 24-10 in his net to pip Smiler by 5 ounce.

3rd section winner was point peg 22 Bernie who weighed in 49-14 to pip Paul Whitehouse by 2 ounce, peg 24 and 49-12.

4h section Max on peg 42 christening his new pole with a return of 54-9 and Indian on peg 52 with 33-7 made up the packet pickers, well done guys.

Some guys who stayed back have been paid their winnings however those not paid will have to wait a little longer as we had cash this week and not PayPal so please bear with us until we can sort out when Jasper is back off his oriental experience (I can't wait to see British steel guys doing exercises in their car park before commencing work and also some of the new canteen menus).

The next match (final of the summer league) is at Lodge Farm this will be followed by our club AGM being held at the Pilgrim father pub. Any discussion pints please add on the forum post or be in touch.
Our winter league membership is also still open for those who fancy watching tip rods quiver as well as hands and limbs in the fresh weather. A good varied selection of venues and park behind pegs as well.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Missed the draw on Friday but max said id drawn well peg 38,cold morning made worse by the wind ,had feeder chuck to the aerator but shallow on pole,feeder,bomb and edge rig,1st chuck on feeder got a skimmer,2nd chuck a carp that was about 16lb,3rd chuck a munter that turned out to be 23lb so had 40lb in first 30 mins not a bad start,picked odd fish up all day on feeder long and on bomb line that i fed with 6mm pellets and corn 20m,bomb did not go on this line bit caught on feeder on it.had a carp and 2 f1s down the edge last half hour to wiegh 142lb,sorry joe about the big carp.