News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Legends Weekend Mystrey pairs Lindholme Loco 11.6.2023

Started by Leo Martin, June 12, 2023, 09:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Aquastim Big Bash Legends weekend Mystery pairs Loco lake 11.6.2023
Day 3 of this years legends weekend and another hot dry day on the cards for the 1 angers book to fish the mystery pairs.

Again the lake was shared with another match and all sides were full of expectant anglers. From being on the complex all weekend it was evident from the results that Loco was not fishing too well. Results from Friday and Saturday gave little encouragement and this was to be proven true on our match.
The match was painfully slow and most struggled throughout however pegged next to John "the dark horse" Utting he caught throughout the match.

Peg 30 was my home office for the day and being on end peg with wind blowing in I was very pleased. Fish were showing in the reeds alongside the bank to my left and then it all changed. Anglers were arriving and setting up in pegs 32, 33 & 34 on the left hand bank so I was restricted  in casting and options limited. The guy on 32 also set up to fish log pole towards corner in the reeds to further compound me.
Whistled sounded and I did try chuck to sedges but the big tree to my left further hampered me. I chose to fish in front of the reeds however no bites all time was the result after trying bomb, method and even waggler in this area.
Pole line tried on top 2 + 2 dead depth, one small skimmer. Bomb, method and waggler chucked in front to 20 yards and no indications, similar result from corner.  Method chucked short and one skimmer. Margin to my right and nothing showing. I mixed some paste and 3 fish in 3 put in, 2 x 1 lb skimmers and a F1 and I thought things were looking up but then nothing. Left hand margin under tree and small perch with one 7lb carp 15 minutes before the whistle for 11-4. Hey ho, frusrating day. The guy on 32 caught out in front on bomb and waggler, 16m shallow and also along his margin fishing inside the reeds. For everyone he managed to get out, he lost one and some tackle.

John Utting next door set off on Waggler fishing long chucks and snared a few. Bites mostly came as soon as float landed or settled. I'm not sure if bomb or feeder gave any results under his float line. He did try pole line around top 2 + 4, but with little success,, He did managed however to attract fish into his margin on right hand side. Starting with small skimmers he stuck at it and was rewarded by occasional F1 and carp and this is where he focussed occasionally resting the line. Some bigger fish did turn up and there were a couple of bruisers lost. Couple of bonus perch with one tipping the scales about two and half pound I think as John has scales on his landing net for his net counting. Well done John on sussing your swim out.

Next up Scott had the most of his fish on feeder I believe chucking long. A cold of big boys with one almost 13lb I think.

Indian further up found fish what looked like chucking short on method.
Couldn't see much further from  naught boys corner again, it did seem bleak from what I could hear around the lake although Andy W8 and Joe ( back in corner) Martin had fish in last hour or so.

Lake winner was Tracey Benson for his first podium of the year with a very commendable 61.12 off peg 5. Well done sir.
Second Chalky with 47-14 off peg 23 and then Glen with 47.4 from peg 18, 4 more 40+ weights and some high 30lbs. one or two of us in low teens as well.

Match is run on mystery pairs so the roll of honour this year is as follows
Tracey Benson and Keith Turner 101.8
Kev Chalk and Andy Waite 92.10
Glen and Indian 78.1
Joe Martin and Scott Barker (match made in  heaven) 75.15
Paul White house (doubled up) 57.10
Steve Curtis ad Mick Roche 56.3
Leo and John Utting 54.9
John Lanelly and Jasper 37.15

Well done everyone on a frustrating day. the weather hot and sunny compaired to last year when we got absolutely drowned.
Thanks to Jasper and Steve Curtis organising and weighing in.

On a bad note which put a downer on the day its sad to report that Scott had his tip rod run over by two elderly and rather impatient old guys who had been fishing Bennies and could not simply wait 5 minutes for Scott to remove his tackle or were capable of moving the car closer to Bennies and drive around the rod. The complex was packed and this bank is shared between lakes as access road. Scott had shouted but not sure if they heard or not, (everyone else did) but they seemed impatient and drove forward. Totally disrespectful and inexcusable. I don't know who the club was they were fishing as they all seemed to go tight lipped but I do hope they say something to them.  I don't think they are serious match men looking at tackle and their approach. One sat behind me packed up around 2pm as he had no bites from his method feeder all day. His approach was fishing inside the sedges of all places. We go mad at the younger generation so you would hope the older guys would know better but evidence speaks volumes of this incident. Another guy did drive off this lake mid match however he had a call to say his mother had been taken to hospital so totally understandable. Both Bennies and Loco are dependent on this shared access which is fished from both lakes
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Peg 21 for me in a corner bit tight on feeder but ok short bit of a cross wind but changed and dropped to flat calm most of the match,soon became obvious the whole lake was fishing hard,started short on feeder nothing,fed pellets 25m bomb line nothing,chucked longer on method nothing after nearly 2 hours biteless.odd fish coming out but only a few and they seemed a bit random get one out of the blue then nothing,Went to 8m on pole and paste just to see if i could avoid a blank and had 4 skimmers on paste but going nowhere,kev chalk had a couple of carp to my left and jasper biteless to my right,jasper then chucked long and sat on it managed a decent carp,went down my edge and got 5 f1s then nothing,tried everything for next 3 hrs for 1 f1 ,20 mins to go chucked to my right randomly on got an 8lb carp then nothing,last put in edge got me a double for a awful days fishing got a rather lucky 42lb but looking round i think half the fish caught had an eliment of fortune as they did seem a bit random,a poor match all round with only 1 person catching over 50lb,jasper next to me had 4 fish to 4 differant methods. then in pairs drew mick roache who by his standards had a terrible match from a difficult area.Had a few laughs and moans though