News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Summer League round 10, Lindholme Bennies 13.8.2022

Started by Leo Martin, August 13, 2022, 22:13:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Summer league round 10 Lindholme Bennies 13.8.2022

With the second heatwave for the summer and all the political and news doom and gloom the Bashers descended upon Lindholme and Bennies lake for round 10 of our summer league. 8 drop outs but there were still 18 runners and riders, all lubed up with shiny skin from various lotions and also shorts were out in force to counter the heat. Bug Bash anglers are not used to these conditions, more attuned to rain, hail, snow and gales, today was a test in a different extreme.

Friday's wheel of fortune delivered Peg 37 at the back of the far bay. The match was also well spaced out and lots of room for everyone. Driving to the pegs also helped everyone as well so all in a good mood, which was nice. Early morning mist was being burnt off and as the sun was rising the heat was following it as well.

Peg 37 looked good, open water and a nice cleaned out margin below a tree to my left about 16 inch deep. Two swims chose, top 2+2 and top 2+3, margin to my left and method feeder as well. I did try shallow and jigga but no bites all time on those. Basically fish caught on bottom on 6mm hard pellet, tried red ones but no good. Also had fish on method fished under pole lines and caught on fishery pellets and yellow washers. Also fish from left hand margin on corn and paste, lost a few from here due to foul hooking.  All fish decent F1's and a couple of skimmers, one micro perch on double caster.  Could not string 2 fish together, bites hard to work for and lots of silly bites, especially on method. Fish very finicky and not interested in feeding, I guess they don't like the heat and bright sunshine either. Wind was right to left with a strong undertow to the right.  One watch out for anyone fishing peg 37 is wasps and horse flies who reside there and torment the living daylights out of you. One fly even managed to get behind my glasses, not funny.

Neighbours for the day were Wolfy sitting opposite, Paul Whitehouse at the bottom of the bay and enjoying the wind blowing in to him and your GURU Robbie on 35 .
Woolfie set off on his feeder to catch a few before adopting his pole for various lines and methods. He also had a decent finish from his margins as well. Guru Robbie is full of enthusiasm and never fails to impress as he swaps and changes working to catch fish. Short pole, long pole, method and even waggler were all tried as he worked to increase his catch rate. Well done young man.

Paul set off feeding slop on long pole and after about 30 minutes they turned up. He dutifully does what he does best and proceeded to catch, net, unhook, feed and catch again. Despite only a few lean spells it was one way traffic, well done Paul on a very even 3 net split and 111.5 and section win.

Well done Steve Curtis on the match win off peg 6 with 119.8. Well done to our 3rd ton of the day Lewis Fox from peg 12 with 100.11, pity he couldn't weigh in his 2 x ducks but I doubt he would have caught Steve with them.

I think everyone caught a few, not what we would expect from Bennies but weather considered there were no dry nets. I do think the fish were finicky in their feeding today. Interested to hear everyone's else's views?

Well done other brown envelope winners and massive well done to everyone who sat out for the full match in blazing sunshine and heat.

Thank you to Jasper for the admin and organisation again, thanks to Steve for weighing in and also Glen for blowing the tune to start and end the match.

Nice to re hydrate at the end of the match as well, great idea Foxy.

Next outing is 27th August at Spingvale on Newcastle Lake which has been throwing up some good weights. There are a few more absences so we need to know exact numbers so we can sort out pegging and try not to suffer a surcharge for unused pegs. Please confirm your attendance asap to help us out.  There are spare pegs available for this match as well.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

The mighty bennys peg 6 hopes were high for a few,method,sinking feeder,paste 4m and edge rig set up.started on paste at 4m,after 30 minutes had 1 small skimmer not a good start could not see anybody catching so looked like it wasn't going to be a bumper day,wind started off coming from behind me so good for sinking feeder,tried it and after 20 minutes started to catch had a good hour and half catching on it and thought a big wieght was on but a change of wind direction and it increased in strength made in hard to fish and couldn't catch on it.had to scratch around on method and edge for rest of match but fortunately had just enough in first half of the match.

jasper31

Wasn't me!