News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Lindholme legends weekend 2023

Started by Leo Martin, June 12, 2023, 09:32:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Aquastim Big Bash Legends weekend 2023
Well what happens in Lindholme stays in Lindholme as they say.

Friday the weekend started with Glen and Paul meeting for breakfast in the newly names Anglers Arms now under new management and staff. Indian and myself joined at 9am for a catch up and organise a pleasure fishing session. We're going to Strip and newbie Paul starter to take his shirt off before he realised we were fishing the strip Lake.

All on willows side of lake with wind behind and sun shining in front. Paul I first corner, Glen, Indian and myself near aerator which was left on for pleasure anglers. All had a good day catching. My own day was top2+ 2 dead depth and then to my right in front of reeds which was very productive and I was quite happy enjoying the peace and quiet away from work and regular bites.

Andy W8 was still on Lindholme angling 5 day festival, Jasper fished 4 gays and did not like is fridya draw but also has thing to attend to so didn't fish but joined us just after dinner time. He then went for lodge keys and has a meeting with an Italian guy called Moretti on a sun soaked veranda overlooking Bonsai.
Indian left fishing strip with Glen to join Jasper and put food away from the heat whilst  Glen went on to fish his top kit  challenge on Bonsai in front of Mallard Lodge.

Paul left, I was still catching so carried on till around 5 before joining the team for a beer , shower and get ready for evening meal in the Lindholme bar.

Fun filled 7pm match draw, I'll leave it there.

Fish and chips x 4 and 2 x steak pie, chips, and veg and everyone was very happy with the food. Jasper changed to a second European meeting with a Spanish guy called San Miguel which as the night travelled along seemed fairly intense.

Also Bingo was played with 3 members of our team ( names not mentioned ) and Andy waite did with a line £40 to go along with 8th in the festival well done Andy.

Night times in the lodge are always eventful and 6 guys can be compact. Breakfast prep starts at 6:30 and we were missing a team member till he was found around 7:15 asleep in his car. The European meetings had resulted in some vocal nasal noises getting too much for Mr Waite so he opted for his tried and tested car seat.
Exceptional breakfast from Indian and off to to sun soaked Beeches for fishing. Mixed results but it did fish a lot better than last year which was pleasing.

After match its cool drink and joined by our match winner for his presentation of trophy Steve Curtis.
After match it's a shower scramble and changed to the main adventure of Saturday for yours truly and he had is Indian cherry to break much to the delight of the team. Glen had a pre booked night out so he left site to return later. Kyber Pass in Epworth bound and cant remember what I ate but it was okay, some crisp like things and mixed dips, lime pickle hot one so not too much. Lamb meat in gravy, garlic bread, not many chips and 2 types of rice (good). Indian beer very good. Apologies the names and menu confused me so I cannot remember anything.  Restaurant very clean and nice ambience, to those who favour Indian would recommend it as feedback from the guys feedback and its also Jaspers favourite which speaks volumes.

Up in night to say hello to toilet and also visit 2 more times in morning but I suppose I got away lightly. It was edible but still prefer English cuisine however I suspect there may be a return visit in 12 months time, watch this space......

The Lindholme gnats descended on us Saturday night whilst enjoying evening drinks, some fronted it out and some chose skysports boxing.

Bedtime surprises awaited yours truly and India with little pressies left in our beds. Ill leave it there to your imagination.

Sunday and another fantastic breakfast before clean up lodge and set off to Lindholme for the mystery pairs.
Another very hot day and also frustrating one. Loco hasn't fished very well all weekend and was under a lot of pressure with two matches on it so all side in.

Weigh in and drive home to empty a fish stinking car, sort things out this end and enjoy a couole more days off before back to work.

The Aquastim products are now hitting the bank more and more as their usage spreads in the team. Only good reports to date, groundbaits both taking on a very large amount of water to swell and expand. Great value for money and very short delivery time. If anyone has any more feedback, please share with the rest of our group
Very enjoyable weekend again. Great company, some good laughs and total chill time. Work phone didn't ring, it did go off 4:30 this morning so I guess I was soared a few days. No TV depressing news although Boris has apparently resigned, a little to drink, some good food and laughs a plenty. Roll on next year.

Thank you to Jasper for his organisational skills, Chef Indian and everyone else for mucking in and making it what it was. Life is too short so we need to enjoy what we have whilst able to do so.

The Big Bash AC was built on a few guys getting together through fishing, having a laugh and doing what they can to help others though charitable means.  All 3 of our lost Legends, Ferret, Jack and Mally were all up for a good time and laugh on top of being good fellas. Long may we continue to enjoy life in each other's company.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire