News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

thoughts of 2022

Started by Leo Martin, December 26, 2022, 19:08:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Okay guys, what were your thoughts good, bad and ugly of 2022 season. I'll set things off for you

I really enjoyed the legends weekend, Indians breakfasts, the BBQ, the takeaway and a drink or two shared alongside great friends laughing, What more can you ask for, yep a few fish in the net.... Beeches was a struggle, Willows a little harder than normal as well and the charity match we jumped on also a difficult day. good job we had the lodge i suppose.

I enjoyed the Loco rod only match with loads of laughs, Andy W8 and Indian and a few fish. The rod only match and venue delivered a great result all things considered. good to switch things around every now and then i think.

Wetlands didn't float my boat if I am honest, i think there were 6 of us side by side in very shallow water and not a lot happening whilst other guys did catch a few. As a club i enjoy it more when everyone catches in the club.

Nice to go back to Holmedale again also, shame about the bike rider spoiling the day for one of our own.

Grange Park new pond has been a revelation. As the year has progressed the match weights really standing out and justifying all the changes the fishery owner has made.

Great season with some more quality anglers joining our membership bringing more dynamics into the club. Personally its been better on the laugh side and banter for me than fishing but i can live with that as it helps clear my head from work.

With the added club numbers its great to see the Big Bash getting stronger and good numbers in the matches every draw. The turn outs are fantastic week in week out and credit to everyone involved and who takes part. As we move into 2023 we hope all can re join the summer league and keep our strength and test the fisheries we have booked to release pegs for us.

Happy new year everyone, stay healthy and tight lines.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire