News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Forum voting question

Started by Leo Martin, November 06, 2022, 19:43:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

All,

I have been approached by a member who struggles with forum access and therefor feels his vote is being missed out if the forum is used. We are a friendly democratic club and pride ourselves that everyone has a say in what we do. 

This years AGM was great in that several items were put to the vote and all attendees were able to cast thier vote, the results were there immediately but more importantly everyone there had a say in the result. Previously because of Covid or poor attendance at an AGM the vote has been placed on the forum  and results taken from there. In every case the voting figures have not reflected the number of members and one of these reasons could simply be some members are unable to get on the forum or navigate around our website.

There may always be a case for votes away from our AGM or special meetings so the queston is how do we include those members who struggle getting onto or using the forum?

One method could be when a vote goes on the forum, a message is sent out to the membership via the WhatsApp media and then those who strugglewith forum access vote by proxy. This would entail passing on their opinion to either Japser or myself so when the date of the vote ends, we simply add the proxy votes to the totals? Has anyone else got any ideas or views?

This is only a thought so open for debate as always. its intention is to try include those who do not vote because they struggle with access to this site.

We do use the forum as it retains all our records and is available 24 x7 for everyone to use, however we must recognise some people struggle to get on this website.

You guys may feel we dont have to or need to change but the subject is out their for discussion. 

All thoughts appreciated as always.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Best possible way is for it to be opened on all access platforms we have and let it be known that if people have issues then it's sent to a committee member by private message / text etc and we share that info between us so we don't have double dipping. My only issue with this is that the forum doesn't let us know who has voted but only what the results are.

Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Good shout buddy, as you suggest we need to avoid double dipping by some method.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire