News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

2022 - AGM

Started by jasper31, September 26, 2022, 22:42:10

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

All

As the season is coming to a close the annual topic of AGM is in need of organising. After discussing it with the captain Leo we suggest (to aid participation) to hold it after the last summer league match - Lindholme Laurels. Meet in the cafe after the match where we can grab a refreshment hot or alcoholic... below is a list of topics but please add or PM me with anything that you wish to bring up.

1. Committee Members - new / old / position to vote on
2. Accounts
3. Good / bad comments on summer league season
4. Club Rules
5. Complaints
6. No. Members for 2023
7. 2023 Venues
8. Match attendance
9. Rod only match
10. Afternoon match
11. Pegging Fees
12. Deposits
13. Natural venue
14. Use of float / method when pole fishing
15. Legends weekend
16. Different venue for another weekend away
17. Head to head league
18. Match start times - proposal 10:30 to 4:30 (summer league)
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

Any ideas for different competition formats within the league?

we have biggest fish do we want or have any other ideas to split the seasons money?

Aggregate weight at a venue? ( if 3 matches on a venue then total weight achieved of those who fish?)
mystery pairs over a single match or venue ( if 2 or 3 matches on a venue then total weight achieved of those who fish drawn at season end ?)
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Leo Martin

We have the Lindholme legends weekend, anybody for a weekend at a different fishery?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

big glen

Yes Leo , I would be up for a weekend away at another fishery .
I also think we could draw at the start  of the season a pairs draw , and you stick together all season , to allow for holidays lets say drop worst 4 matches .
this could work out as a great idea and spread some more winnings around , ps can i have Steve Curtis  ;D

jasper31

Head to Head league to run concurrent with the normal set up.

Basically each week you fish against another angler and get 2 pts for a win / 1 pint for a draw and 0 for loosing. Person with most points at end of season wins. If your opponent doesn't attend the match then they forfeit and you gain the points. Pay a few quid at beginning of season and then payout to winner, 2nd and 3rd?   
Wasn't me!