News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Big Bash legends Weekend - Saturday - Lindholme - Bennys

Started by jasper31, June 07, 2021, 16:10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Well the big bash unlucky weather came back to haunt us at 4pm.....

A very strange day and fish were definitely not in the biting mood unless you were called Steve Curtis, using a tactic I  haven't seen used on there before.
Wasn't me!

fishfinder

Can't complain about my peg 5 in a good area,but reports were it was not fishing well, rigged method,slow sinker,pole 3m and margin. Started in front 3m on paste fed a few micro and had 5 in 5 puts thought I was in for a cracker but then nothing,a couple in margin then nothing,nobody seem to be catching much except wolfy to my right who was catching well on caster up in the water,tried method about 20m one list fish then nothing, looked slow all round so tried sinking feeder at 30m had few indications and with a bit of tweeking managed to start getting a few in little spells,nobody was doing much by the sound of it,wolfy had slowed up in the water and I could see John utting landing some in peg 2 , stuck at sinking feeder then with a couple of hours to go I was getting one a chuck,losing a few and some foul hooked but caught till the end for a decent wieght and win.

Leo Martin

Big Bash Legends weekend Mystery pairs match.....

So with the Beeches match completed, it was retire to Mallard lodge which had also seen a switch of personal. Lord Dodd had departed heading up the A1 with full bottle of Salad Cream being driven through the border and avoiding any Nicola import duties. He had however left a large bottle of strange rusty coloured fluid inside Steaks bed. That could be anything inside it, not having sampled we will all live to tell the tale.

Andy W8 and Steak now in residence in Mallard, and the Fox family also located in a lodge at Epworth retreat but returning to Lindholme when freshened up.

Draw taken place live with a half-naked Jasper complete in snazzy batman pants. Then it was onto a very well cobbled up BBQ with 3 of those takeaway packs and boy were they needed for the meat. Sausages, square sausage,  Chinese pork, Beef burgers, pork steak, ribs, and chicken to name a few, bread buns, normal sauces and none of that strange stuff as it went to bonny Scotland. All washed down with various beers and tea/ coffee/ coke for those who wanted. Entertainment was provided by Glen and Sam who had set up fishing again but this too continued to be a struggle. As dark fell we retired to the lodge with tales of fishing around the world and Glens encounters in Thailand and Indians escapades as well. Brilliant story telling guys.

Morning greeted us with more food and another Indian Breakfast, thank you chef.
It was then pack up and drive to Bennies to hopefully encounter a different day. The weather was cloudy and overcast, still no wind and no ripple means no F1s so it wasnt looking good. Considering the Saturdays scorcher Lewis dropped it out that rain storms were forecast however it was still hot and humid so most of us had shorts and tee shirts on.

Peg 10 was my office today and everyone well chuffed to be allowed the drive around. Good job it was sunny on Saturday for us. Indian on peg 9, Jasper on peg 11 and it was set for a chatty day. Indian had even drawn next to his stationary friend from a few years ago to ask advice if needed. The water was flat calm with very little ripple, what was showing was blowing to point and far bay. A little bit of excitement for Indian and Steve Curtis on setting up as a long time hero was on the golden reel on Loco and enjoying a word or two with them both.

All in and the bites did not exactly come thick and fast as expected. Whilst Bennies has a growing reputation and produced 300lb plus weights a few weeks ago, the fish do need catching. The day showed how versatile the Bashers as anglers really are in the methods that were used to try tempt the fish to feed and be caught. Long pole, short pole, margins, shallow, dead depth, Jigga, method, bomb, slow sinking feeder and method in margin all fished and tried to locate and keep bites coming. Lots of methods on display, some successful and some not so. It does demonstrate that Bashers never give up and will try anything to search for bites.

Jasper had early success fishing the jigga and slop, then feeder below his long pole line and method to his margins. He had to rotate numerous times as the fish wouldn't settle. Woolfy had success with caster Shallow fishing before going in his margins as the F1s went, then towards end of match found them shallow again. Indian went onto method in the margin approx. 2pm and never looked back as bites came thick and fast. Prior to this he had a spell shallow but it was his margins that really produced. As usual I rotated around and for me my margin pole line produced and also the method in the margin but no where as many as Kevs.

During the day there were a few small showers but we did not expect what happened around 3pm. The heavens opened and it was a pure Big Bash AC storm. Everyone got a good soaking but the influence it had on the fish was very visible. They came up in the water and also started feeding. Changes in pressure switched on their appetite and a lot more bites were to be had.

Whistle blown and Steve Curtis has blown everyone away, well done Steve and his partner Andy W8. Dave Dobbs and Woolfy second well done guys and also the other packet pickers.

Comment of the day is saved for my partner Smiler who said they are all laughing at my weight but who is going home with a bottle of wine, I am. Thankyou Jasper for the prizes for coming last.

A great weekend of fishing and friendship. Nice to see PapaKev join us on Saturday and continuing his recovery and Mike driving down from bonny Scotland as well. Steak always good for a laugh also joined us for both days.

Nice to see the mystery pairs numbers growing and Woolfy, Dave Dobbs and Paul Abbey join us.
Another successful Legends weekend and building happy memories as we remember our friends who have left us. I hope they will have been looking down on us, making jokes and smiles and generally taking the pi$$.

Hope you who have taken part have also enjoyed the fun, and plan to join us next year for another weekend, maybe a knock up Friday afternoon to start proceedings chasing the margin lumps in Loco?
Please pass your views and comments and share your version of the weekend
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

Indian

Skyblue1987

Enjoyed the Friday night education on Queen Nicola.....Good to catch up sadly couldn't stay on Saturday night but hopefully next year.Enjoyed the usual lard breakfast and ding ding Leo and his 30 seconds beans ;D ;D Thanks Jasper for organising the lodge and the match .
I had a season ticket once you know