News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

bait additives question

Started by Leo Martin, March 02, 2020, 22:45:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

the days of "basic bait" are now changing like the weather.  every season has a launch of a magic new list of baits from all the top companies.
Pellet types
Pellet colours
ground baits
and now we have he latest craze of additives
Soaks, Oils, juices, lava rocks, gels, Glugs, Dips, Attractants, infusions, and the list goes on

The tricks and methods of the dark side are moving over to the match angling scene.

So what of the above floats you boat and what tips you over the edge?

Is all these additions another ploy to catch the angler or his fish?
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

kiwi

Leo it just away to get more cash out of your wallets we have a woman in bowls who 93 playing with bowls nearly as old as her guys spending 900 dollars on  you name it will do it bowls cant beat her bet you they wont return your money if baits don't work

jasper31

All i will say is...................let the juice loose!! >:D >:D >:D :P :P :P 8) 8) :o :o >:D >:D
Wasn't me!

Indian

Nowt like a bit of loose juice  >:D O0

andy w8

Quote from: jasper31 on March 03, 2020, 08:44:29
All i will say is...................let the juice loose!! >:D >:D >:D :P :P :P 8) 8) :o :o >:D >:D

WHAT JUICE  ;D Iam swron to secrecy lol set the juice lose  ;) ;)

Skyblue1987

I want to have some of that 90 years old playing bowls!!!! That will do me  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
I had a season ticket once you know

Leo Martin

kiwi

Mike you couldn't handle her  she gone through 3 husbands  :laugh: :laugh:

sam.crawley

Personally. With myself making my own boilies groundbait etc there is massive scope and proven benefit with 'additives'.
But....... And there is a massive but.
Alot of the liquids etc from sonu. Dynamite, ringers etc are basically glycerin and flavour..... Apart from making the bait sweeter and slightly more sticky they are rubbish.

The rest of the additives are corn steep liqueur and flavour.

I would always advocate reading the ingredients for example dynamites krill and dynamites tiger nut liquids contain no krill and no tiger nut just merely csl and flavour.

The best are natural 'food' liquids and hydroslates.
Krill hydro, liver liquid, betaine derived liquids.
Basically anything hydro and it's a winner as they release the aminos enzymes and peptides the fish need and hunt for.

As for powders there are 2 types. Soluble and non soluble. A non soluble is only effective if consumed so you need a soluble powder for attraction.
Milk powders are good as they contain lactose (which is proven to be addictive for cyprinids) pre digested fishmeals. But only predigested. Betaine, green lipped mussel etc are all good.

If you combine both it then becomes very effective and you can also start to use non soluble powders in conjunction with liquids.

Oils have alot of debate. Basically put your chosen oil in the fridge for a few days. If its still a liquid or clear it's OK for winter use. But there is debate that fish actually cannot detect oils and there used rather as a carrier for other attractant.

Oh and goo. There glycerine flavour and flourescein (a drain leak detector available from screwfix)

kiwi

Leo she  goes during season duck shooting make her own duck callers will she if she will make you one :D :D

Leo Martin

Hi Sam,
Thank you for the very informative response and no mention of "juice" as a previous reply from one who shall remain nameless  >:D >:D.
Certainly some thinking required , thanks again

Leo Martin

Quote from: kiwi on March 04, 2020, 19:39:16
Leo she  goes during season duck shooting make her own duck callers will she if she will make you one :D :D

No duck caller required Roy, I'm just naturally attractive to the birds

sam.crawley

Quote from: Leo Martin on March 04, 2020, 20:01:11
Hi Sam,
Thank you for the very informative response and no mention of "juice" as a previous reply from one who shall remain nameless  >:D >:D.
Certainly some thinking required , thanks again

You would do better using ribena juice cordial then you would alot of the branded liquids

big glen

In the warmer months try raw potato punchef out in 6mm and 8mm pieces 10mm long and soak them overnight in a mixture of coffee and water.
Band them on a size 14 hook , they last twice the time of pellets.
Some sweet glug instead of the coffee water works as well