News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

BBAC vs JMAC potential team match option 2021

Started by Leo Martin, November 07, 2019, 11:13:37

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwi

Having been one of the first big bash members and having had the pleasure to fishy with Billy  and James Maude member in the charity matches it would be a pity to let the annual match drop

tackletart

Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter

big glen

weldec

Quote from: kiwi on November 09, 2019, 20:22:48
Having been one of the first big bash members and having had the pleasure to fishy with Billy  and James Maude member in the charity matches it would be a pity to let the annual match drop

Roy, those days will stay with me forever mate.  Miss the great banter we had, and I totally agree with you.

Kindest Regards to you and your family.

Leo Martin

Voting closed and the result is 10 for and 4 against so i guess its a no to the proposal for a single team match format at Springvale.

With the James Maude AC not wanting to fish last years two team match format and BBAC not supporting to fish a single Springvale match format it looks like a stalement.

There have been some great friendships formed between the two clubs and no doubt along the way these will continue and club members will support each club in their matches.

Maybe for those wanting to add competition between the two clubs other formats could be explored:-

1 / Mystery teams pairs ( BB member & JM member) drawn at start or end of match
2 / Mystery teams of 4 ( 2 x BB member & 2 x JM member) drawn at start or end of match
3 / Carp and Silvers pairs match ( BB and JM member) drawn to fish wit :bigfish:n angler to fish for his identified quarry only with one team member fishing eiher for carp and other silver Silverdale has both species in so could be used?
4/ rod and pole pairs match, as above but fish for all species wiht one angler using rod only and one angler pole only. ?

Anyhow the above are suggestions only so over to you guys if you want to proceed and progress.

I am sure Billy and Jame Maude AC will have their views and ideas as well.

It looks like the format for a full 15 angler team match from either club is a none starter.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

weldec

Simple solution is do 2 x ten man teams.

Your ten anglers that voted to continue will I'm sure be up for keeping it going.

I don't see a stalemate at all.

All the above suggestions are just mirroring what you are already and have already tried, then you are back to square one with choice of venue ??, and so it goes on.

kiwi

Leo why don't you and Billy both chose a venue each and meet up and toss a coin who  win it there venue to be fished  :angel:

weldec

Quote from: kiwi on November 15, 2019, 00:40:10
Leo why don't you and Billy both chose a venue each and meet up and toss a coin who  win it there venue to be fished  :angel:

Roy , many thanks for your input mate, but regardless of which side the coin lands it's getting the club members to agree.

The majority of James Maude members  are in favour of moving from our venue Holmedale to a neutral  venue ie: Springvale.  BB have voted against it apart from 10.  So it ain't going to happen.

kiwi

Billy if 10 bash member are for it surely they should be able to find members that will be join the club putting them selves up to  fish the  match :angel:

Jack Crabtree

Roy, nice to hear from you again. I was going to slag you off about the NZ match, but our performance against SA put paid to that  :'( :'( :'(

We have 22 members in the BB club, which we might find may be too many on several fisheries we have booked, if there are no drop-outs on the day.

To encourage potential new members to join BB to enable us to fish one match in 2021 is neither practical nor logistically sustainable.

10 members voted to fish the match, which in essence means 12 did not.

So that is the current position

Cheers

Jack
Just wait till I get my cataracts done

steve

??
I don't understand this. We have had a vote that has resulted in the majority voting in favour of the team match, but yet that's a No.
"10 members voted to fish the match, which in essence means 12 did not."
So the people who didn't vote are counted as a no?
Perhaps it could be translated as 10 in favour. 4 against. The rest not bothered either way.

jasper31

Steve,

I see your point - we can't included the abstainers in any vote. As there was a majority to hold a team event then it needs someone to head this and speak to Billy about team numbers, looking at the vote it looks like we could only muster up a team of 10 on the big bash side and that would have to be reciprocated on their side. The issue being is no one knows who voted for or against and for the ones that did vote for how many of them would actually fish on a certain date.

Maybe it should be a list of members (22) and then we say yay or nay and its recorded that way then the ones that vote yay can represent the team?
Wasn't me!

Leo Martin

The vote result has shown an interest from 10 BB guys to fish a team match at the venue mentioned I agree.

Ive no issues at all, just needs a BB organiser for 2021 and away you go. Just because I wont be fishing doesn't stop the club fishing.

Postings can be made on forum as per normal, its all standard practise which everyone is more than capable of organising than I am and running alongside Billy and Jame Maude AC.

The date proposed can be considered in both BB and JM match calendars as there is enough forward notice I think. Hopefully Sue will reserve the lake fully although there us plenty of room if sharing.

:bigfish:
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

kiwi

Nice to hear from you Jack my point was as 10 had voted for match 4 against   the 8 no votes should  not be count either way and should go on total member who bother to vote or follow Jasper suggestion  as new members join  club they may want to take up empty places on the match ie if Mike moves to the frozen north and you  win lottery and move to a tax haven

big glen

Yes from me . Let's keep our relationship going.