Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Lindholme Laurels - 19th Feb

Started by jasper31, February 21, 2022, 11:15:08

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Wasn't me!

fishfinder

Got to lindholme 2 degrees and wind in my face,was extremely cold,set up 3 rods bomb,method and maggot feeder.Soon realised that with john on peg 41 and pegs 12 chucking behind the ìsland was not much room,picked a spot to my right a bit,started on bomb and corn nothing,maggot feeder,and method for a big fat nothing,after 2 hrs was bloody feezing then it started to rain,at this stage had 1 small f1 on method,wind had moved slightly across so decided to rig brolly up for some protection, managed to get it clamped down wrapped in front making casting impossible without getting off my box but was either that or an early bath.At 1 o'clock I still hadn't had another bite,Paul on  peg 4 had 6 fish,John lanelly on 41 had 4 and I could see fish being caught further up the lake,I was going nowhere more then likely last on lake at this point,then out of the blue on method had a bite,a 5lb ghosty then had 8 fish in 8 chucks,in next hour,was back in the game then as if a switch had been turn off, the wind just dropped and it was flat calm,bites just stopped as quick as they had started,next 30 minutes nothing got 3 in last half hour for a decent 35lb,which was 3rd overall and a section win ,happy with that after a dismal start but felt if the wind had remained for last hour could have got a few more but maybe not who knows. Lake fished the best I've seen with all catching for a change think the room helped.

Leo Martin

Thanks for write up Steve, what hook bait did you have on method please? They don't call you fishfinder for nothing sir.
Well done once again Keith on the match win. Congrats to all brown envalope collection men and massive  hats off to all taking on the horrendous element's turning up and sticking it out.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

jasper31

Peg 38 for Moi!!!  Wrong side of island so I'm told and wanted to be in 41....

With weather planned to be bad the pole stayed in van - set up 4 rods 2 bomb to fish short and long, one method and one hybrid

Started on bomb corn and only 2nd cast in got a lovely common, next cast a barble of about 3lb... the it was a matter of searching peg using corn / bread. Picked up the odd fish but nothing regular, tried method just off island for an hour but only managed a couple of F1's.

When it went flat calm I did notice a string of bubbles coming up about 20m out so threw bomb n corn at it, was only in for about 10 seconds when it went round and landed a carp around 9lb...

Fed a line near the island but never had a touch off it all day, caught most on corn throwing it in the confines of my own peg  ;D even though some dodgy casting going on around me  >:D >:D but not naming names are we Malcolm...

Good to see everyone getting a few bites for a change and very impressive off our Keith for daring to set pole up
Wasn't me!

fishfinder

Leo Martin

Quote from: fishfinder on February 21, 2022, 21:51:30
Yellow wafter leo

Thanks Steve, seems to be a go to bait in most venues now a days

Leo Martin

Great write up Jasper. Seems Mally is learning from the master >:D