News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Round 10 Grange Park Merrys 5.8.2023

Started by Leo Martin, August 05, 2023, 23:50:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Aquastim Big Bash summer league round 10 Grange Park Fishery Merrys 5.8.2023

Been a few weeks since I wrote one of these for various reasons so here we go.
Well the last few weeks have been monsoon weather with loads of cold rain toping up the ponds. The forecast was more heavy rain and the Bashers were prepared to do battle on one of their favourite fisheries and it was also the seasons afternoon match 12 to 6pm.

16 Bashers in Thursday nights draw because Chairman Jasper was visiting the dark side in France this weekend. Sections pegged very fairly with room for everyone as we have kindly been granted the whole lake by the fishery owner.

The Big Bash breakfast club enjoyed their fill a little later than normal as the rain fell down before the short journey to the lake.

Peg 2 was to be my office of the day, pleased with that one. Tracey to my right and then John Utting behind the island. Paul Whitehouse hidden on far bank, the Glen, John "Docklow" Lanelly, "Coach" Scott, Keith Turner and Keith Smith hidden behind the main island on the opposite bank. The banter would flow today. Chalky and Steve Carter to my left but hidden with the trees.

Plan was feeder nd Bomb rod for left hand side of Island, Left margin to side of reeds, right margin to pads and top 2 +1 dead depth at 11:00 oclock.

All in shouted and method out with micros and wafter to island. Chalky first fish of the match closely followed by Paul Whitehouse. No bites in first few chucks so switched to 8mm fishery pellet and rewarded with wrap round 5 minutes later, 5lb common in net. Next bite lost at net, next bite snapped hook length during wrap round, not doing very well here. Then there was a very quiet period so tried bomb but also no bites.
Came onto 2+1 line which had been primed with 8mm pellets alongside margins as well. Loads of silly bites before F1 took the pellet and small carp. Tried left margin and loads of little bites but no fish. Paste tried and small carp were the result. Swapped and changed, rotating lines before concentrated effort 2pm onwards focussing on margins after filling left hand side in with Aquastim F1 sweet groundbait.
Results were 33-11 and thanks for coming. Must have lost 12 or more fish. Settled on 8mm pellet in margins to bypass small stuff before double corn in last hour. Still nice to be back on the bank again and Bashers for company.

To my left on peg 5 Tracey ignored the banter flying around, got his head down and set off on method to left of island where he had a good session putting fish regularly in his nets before hitting both margins to keep the fishing coming in. when margins went quiet back on feeder and on fish again, back in margins ad alternated each side to weigh in 143-11 for the section win. Well done.

His good friend Steve Carter on peg 27 was second in our section with 139- 3 but had damaged to pole and landing net which naturally took its toll on his fishing after this. Hard look mate.

John Utting on peg 7 had most of his success in second half of the match from margins either side for  53-6 after declaring 40 odd. John suffered a lot of lost fish suspecting foul hooked. Paul hiding behind island on peg 8 took 54-07 to the net.

Big Glen pegged on 9 had most of his success on top 2 in front of his platform. On another fishing weekend with friends at Lindholme he stole away the day with the Bashers before heading out for his Indian which cost him the last 30 minutes. Enjoy matey

Peg 10 saw John Lanelly fresh from Docklow pools and a weeks dark side fishing. He took full advantage of Big Bash coach Scott advice from next door on peg 11 to plunder 100-09 mostly from margins each side and close in for a section win. Well done John.

Peg 11 Scott spent most of his day (when not coaching John and Keith) in his left hand margin to catch 28-6. Well done mate.

Keith Turner on peg 12 fished feeder most of the day to corner of large island to net 69-04 whilst further down our other Keith TT Smith on peg 14 fished 4mm shallow for a long time of the day to net 85-03 for second in section 1.

The match winner on unfancied peg 16 ( section of doom) was our summer league champion Steve Curtis who fishing method and paste close in bagged 208-15 taking the match out. Different Gravy.
First in section of doom was Max on peg 17 with 113-11, and second in section was Joe on peg 23 with 101-11, well done lads.

The weather played its part unusually in a good way for the Bashers. Rain for first couple of hours then it dried up. The sun actually came out around 4pm but then clouded over again before raining for 15 minutes as we packed up wetting everyone through, doh.

Thank you for Jasper in the organising, Steve weighing in and Max for score boards.

Hope the Indian went down well Glen and Andy wasn't late for the 50th birthday celebrations.

Next match is on 19th August at Hallcroft on Croft lake. While since we have been to Hallcroft and I don't think we have fished Croft before. I understand it may be cosy and please book on timey as always.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Missed your reports recently leo,peg 16 for me a decent peg but usually fishes hard with peg 17 in,had a few on feeder across in first hour but steady whilst max on 17 was bagging but his slowly died,had a good middle part of the match on paste in the edge then steady alternating lines and a poor last hour boosted by a 9lb grass carp,to wiegh just over 200lb max had a decent last hour to push him over the ton,venue fished well considering all the rain recently,shame we got soaked wieghing in.