News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Summer league round 3 2022 Lindholme Laurels

Started by Leo Martin, May 08, 2022, 09:58:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Big Bash Summer league. We were however fortunate ue 2022 round 3 Lindholme Laurels

Well as the year advances the recent dry spell came to an end on Friday night before our match. we were however fortunate to have dry day but Friday night it chucked it down dumping a lot of fresh cold water in the lake and setting up this write up for another Big Bash tale of woe.
20 club anglers signed up and 5 standing down this week however it was still cosy around the lake. 20 names on the wheel of fortune, 4 sections of 5, nice and simple maths this week.

The draw gods have deserted me and the wheel of doom delivered peg 9, what was and still remains dead man's corner. A peg everyone walks and drives past and smiles knowingly at the occupant.

Mally on peg 6 (another flier not) and Mike Roche on peg 10 to my left,  a little better but turned out to display Mikes angling skills.
Match went such that I averaged a fish every hour and 20 minutes, 5 fish for 5lb 13 one to forget very quickly. I tried method, bomb, shotgun feeder to corner of island. Top 2 + 4, top 2 + 2, margin tested in front of peg 8 platform, happy days. 4 fish from top2+ 2 line and one from margin line all on maggot. 2 x F1's, 2 skimmers and a perch, we look forward to Springvale in 2 weeks time.

Steve Curtis did what he does best, finds fish and took the match out from a peg he didn't fancy number 2 for a match win with 72-8, well done Steve.
Robson on peg 4 tried his full armoury, pellet waggler, feeder, bomb, long pole, short pole, shalla and margins to eek out another section win with 26-10. Luke on peg 5 manged to find a few early on but struggled later in the match with a long barren spell. Mally managed to find a fish no his feeder and had primed his margin to the corner on his right for a long period in the match. After a couple of losses he snared a couple for 4-9 and massive well done for sticking it out on a hard day.

Steve Guy threatened to give us a master class of casting to the overhanging tree on the end of the island. Being shy like he is he declined the offer of a video he could share with his good friend Smiler saying he wouldn't understand the theory, so his knowledge share remains intact. Steve managed 17-1 after trying numerous methods. The club Dark Horse did what he does best and teased out 29-14 off peg 12 ( just 6 fish he said) for anther second in section, well done John, again.

Mr Roche ( or should I say Mr Bream) on Peg 10 struggled as the rest of us in the early hours, one on feeder a few shallow, deep on long pole before settling in on his top2 + 1 line which he had primed with maggots. Skimmer bream, of decent size graced his net and kept his clicker moving along. This progressed to one a chuck in some stages and then a carp and F1 or two joined the party in Mikes keepnet. He had planned a day shallow on maggots but ended up fishing full depth on single maggot I think and coaxed them to feed of his offerings whilst those around him struggled. Well done on the 49-6 off a less than average peg and section win. He would do well at Southfield is all I can say but I know his answer.

Others around the lake caught, others struggled particularly in the top corner as well but as Bashers we try and try again.

Well done to other section winners and second in sections. Hats off to those who stayed the course and took part in the day and banter around the lake. There's more to fishing than catching fish as the gentleman on peg 11 says. Good company, nice weather, grate crack but catching fish is nice and good for us as well.

Thanks to commander in chief Jasper for the organisation of all things match day, Steve for weighing in and Glen for his timekeeping.

We go again in 2 weeks at Duchess Springvale. Please urgently book and pay on so we can try increase pegging numbers as there may be some disappointments in our group. First paid on, to fish rules apply if we are unable to increase peg numbers.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

steelcowboy

Great write up again Leo always look forward to reading it on a Sunday morning

fishfinder

Peg 2 for me,with tight pegging, turned out to be a good draw,set up method and bomb, long pole and paste rig and 2 margin rigs.clipped up long on method but the arrival of 3 pleasure anglers put paid to that,so clipped up at 30m.started on bomb and pellet, nothing. Method nothing,after an hour had not seen a fish caught ,pole and paste got a few small f1s then a bigger f1 but was very slow.Half way through chucked feeder again and to my surprise  it when round with a 8lb carp then had 3 in 3 chucks stuck on it but odd f1 only,back on paste for odd small fish,then last hour had 2 f1s and a carp in edge,At wiegh in realised how hard it had fished, thought I had 60lb maximum but they went 72lb enough to beat max in 2nd ,who had done extremely well off a far worse peg then mine,well done to all who stuck it put on a very poor lake.

steve

Thanks for the write up Leo, always a good read 😁
Well done "Fish finder" although I think we should change that name to Mr "50pound" 😂
Top angling Mick and Max👏👏

steelcowboy

Having lost my Mojo for Lindholme over the last 6months and possibly my least favourite lake Laurels can't say it was easy getting out of bed on Saturday morning .

Did some homework midweek to see what was working and what areas you wanted to be and drawing 23 was not on the list 😏 Tough section with Jasper , Lewis , Andy & Glen all what I thought was on better pegs with either an island chuck or a good margin to which I had none !
Plan was to fish 4mm pellet and to try get to 30lb ! After chatting with the resident coach Alex who said you need casters nope sorry not fishing caster well you might get a with maggot so bought 2 pints then on to the cafe .
Breakfast has not really improved but guessing you all know that I was the only Basher daft enough to try again , the service was slow and that's being polite oh and only 10 other people in there eating .

Finally got to my peg looking round most if not all of you was already set up .

Set a bomb rod up , deep margin rig on a top kit and 2+2 line and another for 13mt . Elastic was the green Preston dura slip 8-10 I think hook lengths on all rigs was a 20 hook to .10 bottom
Stated short on 4mm pellet caught a couple went long for a couple tried bomb for nothing. Started a new ,one at 2+3 with maggots and staid on this most of the match just waiting for bites mostly F1s and a few skimmers only had one look down the edge at 3:30 and snared a lump around 8lb which broke me at the net but luckily the carp swam into the landing net 😂

Didn't have time to but another hook length on so went back on maggot line .

Very happy to win the section of that peg , enjoyed the day enjoyed being on the bank with the Bashers .
Have I got my Mojo back for Lindy .... 😏
Well done Steve C for doing what you do awesome angler and to all the other section winners well done gents .

Loving the comment Steve Mr 50 pound 👍😂

jasper31

results attached

As for the match - arrived and knew straightaway i was in for a tough day. The bay never gets fished and with 3 others all fishing the same area, little old jack horner here was in for it.

Plumbing up you could tell that even though the reeds were now missing there was still shoots on the bottom so knew it would be hard to present a bait. Decided 2 lines both at 12.5m left and as tight to margin as i could....5ft everwhere, from top kit to long....

only pellets (well about a 1/4 pint left from mid week) so it was pellet or.....pellet! fed one with 4mm and the other with 6mm....caught a couple! that's it...end of
Wasn't me!