News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Jack Crabtree RIP

Started by Leo Martin, March 19, 2020, 00:02:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Guys,

For those that know I am sure you are all still reeling in shock and struggling for words.

For those who have yet to find out, I'm sorry to say we have lost our Jack.

I say our Jack because he was a friend to all, the most cheery of characters and not a bad word to say about anyone. His sense of humour and dry wit made it a pleasure to be in his company and I am proud to have shared many hours of enjoyment by his side.

Always smiling, always part of the fun and banter, always up for a laugh. Despite his injuries and any illness he carried on regardless and never complained once, in fact he used to make fun out of it.

Be it standing in the cold and rain on the tombola stalls trying to raise charity money for the less fortunate, walking across the Humber bridge in pain from his legs, he strode on regardless raising sponsor money. On our Big Bash events he always contributed extra donations to help the cause of others.

He had a skill of collecting money for the club with the fish cards and despite his reputation of previous employment in the tax office, he soldiered on with a big grin and smile as he managed to extract £2 instead of £1 from everyone. such was his respect from our membership, he held the treasurers position and served our club well as a committee member assisting in our growth to where we are today.

So sad times, when the phone rang last night, I was unusually speechless as the shock news was passed on to me. I felt so sorry for Andy ringing me and making these calls. Its bad enough hearing but far worse having to tell people, Andy you did well, thank you.
All this though is nothing to how his wife, children and grandchildren will be feeling. We have lost "our" Jack, they have lost a husband, father and grandad. So sad for everyone and on different levels.

I am sure there will be people wanting to donate to flowers, or a charity and a card for his family. As yet we have nothing organised and do not know any funeral arrangements. we will pass on details as we find them out.

Any ideas appreciated below please.

RIP good friend, you passed on to the great pond in the sky doing something you love. God bless.

Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

kiwi

Leo such a sad loss of one of life true gentlemen  we have had some laughs with Jack from  falling down  and him buying the first  Pickford size trolley  may he Rest in Peace

steve

Well written Leo, difficult to find the right words, but you have.

In response to the question. A card certainly and then perhaps see what the family want donations to?

As Kiwi says a true gentleman. A great character, a really good human being, stalwart of this club. I am privleged to have known him. R.I.P Mr Crabtree.

big glen

Leo
My heart dropped when Andy Waite called me with the sad news.
Jack was an inspiration to all anglers young and old.
He always had a dry comment if you asked him a question . He was a friend , a gentleman and it was a true honour to be associated with him.
His banter was next to none , when I had the privilege to draw a peg next to him I knew my day was going to be exciting funny and most of all entertaining.
What else can I say , he will by me , and all the bash members sadly missed.
On this note I would like to suggest in Jack's memory that we should have a yearly match for Jack , as we do for Ferret  on a venue that was close to Jack's heart.
I am writing this with a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.
Let's all remember Jack in a way he would have wanted us too.
RIP Jack my friend.

kiwi

Glen  I agree a match in Jacks name would be a very fitting  tribute  to a great man

Indian

Totaly agree with Glen we must

weldec

Dear Jack,  As you enter Angling Heaven, I would like to thank you from every  single member of James Maude Angling Club, who you touched hearts with your extraordinary charisma.  We as a club feel very privileged to have been a part of your life and you a part of ours.  Times of sadness come when we loose someone as precious as your good self,  this leaves a big chasm in our lives, but we gain strength from the great memories that you created, and for that these great memories will carry on within us all.
May you now fight over the best pegs in Angling Heaven with our dearly departed Ferret as you load your gear on Jacks Sparrow.

An Ode to Jack:

Sadly the time had come
With words that were spoken
And a friendship unbroken
The sadness came through with the news
A connection was broken
With the friend we never wanted to lose.

Some people come into our lives
Whether in work or play
But Jack was a special man
With the lovely things he'd say.

Each time when in his presence
There was always laughter and joy
I can imagine Jack has always been
Since he was a little boy.

No finer gent you could wish to meet
With always a smile upon your greet
Always laughter and a joke to tell
Our hearts are heavy
As we say farewell.

So rest in peace our dear friend
You touched so many it's plain to see
As we take those memories with us
So dear Jack it's R.I.P.

tackletart

Lovely words from you all.
Jack would be a very proud man indeed to have  heard such words spoken in his honour.
Hope your nets are always full.
RIP Jack.
Thanks for the memories.
God bless.
Vegatarian is Indian for Lousy Hunter