News:

Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

round 12 Linndholme Bennies 2.9.2023

Started by Leo Martin, September 03, 2023, 09:32:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo Martin

Aquatstim Big Bash Summer League round 12Lindholme Bennies 2.9.2023

Summer ends and we now move into the Autumn phase of our 2023 summer league season. Certainly cooler nights mist in the morning however today was warm, sunny and tee shirt and shorts weather. We did find Bennies flat calm awaiting us which does not bode well for the fishing on this particular lake.
With a few members absent for numerous reasons our numbers were again topped up with Bernie Hook who must be liking the company and competition and we welcome back Chezzy Dan after a long lay off from fishing for his first match in years. Great to see you again mate and thank you for joining us. Your new orange ( yes orange) keepnets certainly make a statement and dont go unnoticed.

Friday night draw and Jasper bearing his breasts again in the heat of Epworth and with pegs allotted 1 to 30 up for grabs it was peg 21 for yours truly on a compacted arm.

Arrival at a packed Lindholme with the Dutch contingency fishing Willows and must have been in their own time zone as it looked like their match had already started at 8:00am. Bennies was also packed with two other matches as well as ours on the lake. The little breeze was however blowing off our backs and acoss to the opposite bank.

My set up was top 2 + 2 bottom rigs, left hand margin in 14 inch of water margin rig, a shallow rig, and feeder rod. very short right up again on my antics with a 6 ounce F1 a 3 inch skimmer on feeder rod, tiny perch out of margin, and only fish caught were small F1s on paste on top 2+2 line off ffy bites. Tried everything and tried again but not to be. Best bites of the day were corned beet and HP sauce sarnies and even Jasper moaned about not sharing those. Other bites were the banter from peg 25 who never fails to rise to the occasion.

Forget my tales of woes as around me there were some successes and obviously disappointments as well. Peg 19 saw venue expert Paul Whitehouse who set off like a train with a few fish from his left hand margin below the trees. He then went out in front of pole, feeder, had spells with his bomb rod and also pellet waggler. You can guess with the changes he also wasn't too pleased with the outcomes and processions to his lading net. 23-14 was his rewards for his efforts, welcome to my world Paul. 

Peg 29 and an unusual quiet Steve Guy was located end peg in the 3rd section. After some pre match shuffles he settled down and practised his craft. Searching his swim and methods he managed to locate his quarry below the trees to his right in 12 innch of water. 4 and 6m expander his successful bait and during the late afternoon fish after fish graced his landing net to weigh in a respectable 49-8. Well done mate however his nemesis Paul Atton took the famed quid alongside 2nd in section money with 63-7 off peg 2, however no tomatoes as he forgot to ask and order some.

Peg 27 saw chairman Jasper waving his wand around. Frustration an understatement for him as he tried and tried again to locate some carp or F1's. he did have success with 37-9 but I welcome him to my podium to share 5 league points. Well done buddy.

We then move along to the  end of the point and although compact each angler managed to adapt and using different styles catch a  few fish. It is fair to say there was quite a lot of frustration early on, but when the fish rocked up, they took advantage and net weights grew. My regular neighbour Steve Curtis on peg 22, Chef indian on peg 23 and John "darkhorse" Utting on peg 25.

Steve dare I say it struggled until about 2pm. He did catch some during this period but nothing like he would have wished and he worked his peg and methods thoroughly and even more. He tried his favourite paste and pellets and also pellets and paste but the fish were not playing his tune. At 2pm he found them on his favourite Bennies method of slow sinking feeder and the rest is history, once again.  Match win 105-10, well done

Chef Indian also struggled trying all methods in his armoury. He found some skimmmers on short pole  but his rewards came when he underarmed his trusty method short in front of him. The fish turned up properly again around 2pm and he took advantage. Around 3pm both Kev and Steve went fish for fish every chuck and with jealous eyes it was good to watch the competition between them both. As we approached the weigh in we thought it would be very close for the win however Kev weighed in 73-1 for second in section. Steve must have had a bigger stamp and caught more earlier in the match to pip him.

On peg 25 sat John Utting who again tried all methods and caught intermittently during the match building his weight up. Again around 2pm he had an arrival in his margin to this left and although black he struggled with bites and gaining an interest from the fish. This didn't prevent him catching however and once again adding section money spoils to his pocket. John silently gets on with his game and continues to build his weights and league points with a section winning 80-10, well done sir.

Section one winner was Joe Martin off peg 4 with 77-4. It must be noted his angling coach was absent this week and no corner peg either. Well donne mate. Smiler 2nd in section with 77.4 of peg 2.
Second section points went to Kev chalk off peg 12 with 72.6 and John Lanelly on peg 10 took second in section with 56-8. Well done guys.

Several disappointed and frustrated guys around the lake as we expected more from the lake but that's fishing for you.

Next match is to Messingham and Hollywood bowl is the venue. There is quite a lot of interest in the match with reserves waiting so please book and pay on in a timely manner.

Its also time for thinking about the winter league so watch out for  posts on the forum.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire

fishfinder

Another good write up from leo,peg 22 a good area next to leo and kev on the flyer 23,pegs close so didnt think margin was an option,paste at 5 section,method and sinking feeder,started on method got an early f1 then nothing,paste next and could get a bite a chuck but 2oz fish,so persevered on sinking feeder and pick a couple up after half hour of trying.tried all methods but was very slow,all roumd me were not catching,at 2.30 had about 25lb,few crusing so shallowed sinking feeder up took some lead off and floated it.got a decent carp then a 3lber but then they went,kev to my right was now getting 1 a bung on method short,tried the same for a couple then nothing,back on sinking feeder and for last hour had one a bung,for 105lb,thought kev had beat me and was shocked he had not wieghed more but he did call it and was even more surprised that john had beaten him on 25,well done to all on a fairly difficult day