Welcome to the Big Bash Angling Club Forum

Main Menu

Round 3 - Springvale - Oak

Started by jasper31, December 06, 2021, 09:26:19

Previous topic - Next topic

jasper31

Wasn't me!

fishfinder

1st time on this pond,small but only 12 on was hopeful of a few bites,wind was strong at the start so rigged pole line down the middle 8m and feeder across,method and maggot feeder,fed few micros and maggots on pole line,started on feeder not a sign ,maggot feeder a bit further down the swim nothing,an hour in tried pole single maggot on a 20 nothing,back on feeder nothing half way through got a bite on maggot feeder a 2lb carp ,tried pole but wind and rain got worse from near gale to full on,  rain as well,pole away 1 o'clock,could only see John utting getting a few ide on pole,no one i could see was catching in fact 3 out of 6 on my side were blanking.chucked feeder across and left it,with an hour to go ,out of nowhere tip hammered round and managed to land a decent carp on light gear.Nothing else 2 bites 2 carp.Managed to win a awful section with 8lb 7oz,totally wet through and cold as was too windy  for brolly.

Leo Martin

Hi Steve, thank for match report. The conditions read a lot worse than the poor match results. Well done on the section win.
Duck Hunter Extraordinaire